Added a paradigm sub

Dc83

Ive posted pics awhile ago of my system. This is my used paradigm pw2200 I added yesterday. I didnt want to go with a sub but my basement for some reason sucks the bass out of the place. Its set on a lower htz and at 3/4 power so it doesn't overwhelm the martin logans. I may turn it down a little more. It certainly added that low end thump that was missing. Im using a McIntosh mc352 amp, Ayre k5xe pre, Martin Logan odyssey speakers and a emotiva erc 3 cd player. I certainly was lacking some bass. Its not the speakers fault though cause every set of speakers I've rotated in have sounded bass shy in this room.

Attachments

• 20170317_144135.jpg
    20170317_144135.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 61
Nope, no problem with a little low boost. Its a little finicky. Some songs sound great and some songs with a heavy bass note have too much bass and im turning the level down. No big deal I guess I just got to get off my ass to turn the level down. This has only been on a few songs. Im still pleased though

I had Martin Logan Aerius and had the same problem. The sub helped but I was never able to dial it in to sound integrated enough. The low bass bass weakness is a well known challenge with ML planars, other manufacturers too. They sure sounded sweet though.

I had Martin Logan Aerius and had the same problem. The sub helped but I was never able to dial it in to sound integrated enough. The low bass bass weakness is a well known challenge with ML planars, other manufacturers too. They sure sounded sweet though.
They do sound sweet, its kind of a trade off, I love the imaging and the goosebumps it leaves with the voices.You can hear John Lennon taking a gasp of air before a lyric on a well recorded cd. Im hoping to get it dialed good, although I think I need to tinker around with levels and placement a bit.

They do sound sweet, its kind of a trade off, I love the imaging and the goosebumps it leaves with the voices.You can hear John Lennon taking a gasp of air before a lyric on a well recorded cd. Im hoping to get it dialed good, although I think I need to tinker around with levels and placement a bit.
It took me awhile to find the best placement, they were toed in a bit. I marked the spot for each one with masking tape. Even a little variance and the sweet spot would collapse. What a sound though.

Back
Top Bottom