Chuck Berry dies...

Chuck Barry will live on for 100's of millions of years. His song Johnny B. Goode, is traveling in interstellar space right now on Voyager 1 which is more then 12,810,737,745 miles from Earth (137.81535677 AU) and is traveling at 38,610 mph also on Voyager 2 is now more then 10,611,068,984 miles from earth (114.15175913 AU) and is traveling at 35,975 mph. The round trip for a radio signal to and from each probe takes more the 36 hours. It is estimated the gold record which is affixed to each probe will last 1 billion years. Sweet Voyages Chuck.......Vaya Con Dios.

voyager.jpg

Last edited:
One of the Founding Fathers of Rock & Roll. A great performer, a great artist, a great songwriter, a great musician- a RENEGADE. Without him we'd all be listening to ... God I don't want to even think about it. Chuck midwifed Elvis, the Beatles, Stones, Beach Boys and forever altered the cultural landscape. Listen to him and you hear Joe Strummer and Keith Richards. Watch him and you see Pete Townsend and Paul Weller. See his life with its ups and downs and you see all of us.

Chuck is off the Promised Land. Hail Hail Rock & Roll.

I'm sad to say I do not have any Chuck Berry albums.
But I do have ELO's rendition of Chuck Berry's Roll Over Beethoven.
I am playing it on my Pioneer SX-1050 as I write this.

RIP Chuck.

Another rock star who served as a template for others who picked up the "torch" and ran with it.

As "The Righteous Brothers" put it so aptly in the 70's,"...If there's a rock & roll band in heaven. Well you know they've got a hell of a band..."

Chuck Berry's now been added to that same group.

RIP

Q

Not a big fan but he did capture a time and place - late 1950's America - and preserved it for the ages in his tunes. RIP.

When i heard this over the weekend I had to play a quick six pack of American classical music:
Rock And Roll Music, Johnny B. Goode, Sweet little Sixteen, Let It Rock, Back In The USA, No Particular Place To Go.

I am glad I got to see him on a double bill with Ron Wood, who then served as Chuck's band. The last of the founding members of rock & roll. RIP

Back
Top Bottom