What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Now Playing : The Alan Parsons Project - Tales of Mystery and Imagination Remastered Special Edition 2 CD set.

index.php

Absolutely one of my favs of all time.
A masterpiece.

En courant:

Trois concertos baroque par Quantz, LeClair et CPE Bach.

Ce disque, pour moi, est nouveau, mais je crois qu'il a peut-être environs de 50 ans.

L'ensemble instrumental de France sous Maxence Larrieu présent Trois Concertos Baroques.

Listening to FM tonite (WDRV) as background music while I mess around with various stuff.

Currently playing is Van Halen "Eruption ~ You Really Got Me" from their debut LP.

System is the main BR system,recently updated my main BR album pics so here's a shot of that system.
index.php

System is:
Adcom GTP-502 pre/tuner.
Adcom GFA-535 Mk1 power amp.
Schiit Optimodi DAC.
Adcom ACE-515 power conditioner/sequencer.
Vector Research VQ-115 equalizer.

<<<< Subwoofer for main BR system (the one on the left <<<< ) is a Celestion S20 (AKA: KEF PSW-1150).

vvvv Speakers vvvv are JBL LX-22 on Pinpoint AM-40 wall mounts.
index.php

index.php

Album pics are here: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?media/001-cropped-n-resized.9663/full&d=1489909862

FWIW

Bret P.

Listening to FM tonite (WDRV) as background music while I mess around with various stuff.

Currently playing is Van Halen "Eruption ~ You Really Got Me" from their debut LP.

System is the main BR system,recently updated my main BR album pics so here's a shot of that system.
index.php

System is:
Adcom GTP-502 pre/tuner.
Adcom GFA-535 Mk1 power amp.
Schiit Optimodi DAC.
Adcom ACE-515 power conditioner/sequencer.
Vector Research VQ-115 equalizer.

<<<< Subwoofer for main BR system (the one on the left <<<< ) is a Celestion S20 (AKA: KEF PSW-1150).

vvvv Speakers vvvv are JBL LX-22 on Pinpoint AM-40 wall mounts.
index.php

index.php

Album pics are here: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?media/001-cropped-n-resized.9663/full&d=1489909862

FWIW

Bret P.
Beautiful setup and listening space you have there, Hero! :)

XDH-- Where'd you get those Classic Universal Monsters (tm) headshots from?

GJ
Off the innerwebs of course,LOL.

The whole "picture" thing started out with me scanning & printing my concert ticket stubs & framing those for posterity.
Then while I was doing that I ran across a brand new packet of 4x6 photo paper I picked up ??? for some ??? reason.
So I figured I'd print up a bunch of cool "nostalgic stuff" from my misspent youth and what-not.
Wanted that to look reasonably presentable so I got some uber cheap frames from Wally World and the whole thing sorta grew from there.
Yeah I used to be waaayyy into the old classic comedy & monster movies and such,every week I could'nt wait for the creature feature on late-night TV.
And after that would always be a bunch of old comedy movies and such,Stooges Marx bros. Bing & Bob that sorta stuff.
Back then there was'nt no 100+ channels and the web to watch late @ night...
What was on the handful of channels still broadcasting is what you watched.
Otherwise it was all test patterns,LOL.

D@ng now I'm dating myself,oh well GTG for now.

BTW right now it's Aerosmith playing "Dream On" on WDRV,,,still FM,,,Still those JBL LX-22 w/the Celestion S20 sub...

Bret P.

Beautiful setup and listening space you have there, Hero! :)
Thanks,honestly the place itself is sorta "shabby chic" :rolleyes: o_O as it's an old house w/old carpet & the walls could definitely use some fresh paint,yadda,yadda,yadda.

But right now I cant complain much,the place has been in the family for 30+ years.
So there's really no one to blame for that other than the kin folk living here (it's my older brother's place now).
And many (MANY) years ago it was a bit of a "hangout" of sorts,so it's seen a lotta wear & tear (read: partying) thru the years.
It's not remotely like that anymore mind you,nowadays the place is about as quiet & boring as a home could be.
Regardless it would take a monumental effort to try and tackle all the "decor challenges" anytime soon.
So it's really one project at a time these days,and that was one project I felt like taking on right now.

I just needed a place that I could retreat to and stare @ the walls & tune everything else out.

FWIW

Bret P.

Last edited:
Off the innerwebs of course,LOL.

The whole "picture" thing started out with me scanning & printing my concert ticket stubs & framing those for posterity.
Then while I was doing that I ran across a brand new packet of 4x6 photo paper I picked up ??? for some ??? reason.
So I figured I'd print up a bunch of cool "nostalgic stuff" from my misspent youth and what-not.
Wanted that to look reasonably presentable so I got some uber cheap frames from Wally World and the whole thing sorta grew from there.
Yeah I used to be waaayyy into the old classic comedy & monster movies and such,every week I could'nt wait for the creature feature on late-night TV.
And after that would always be a bunch of old comedy movies and such,Stooges Marx bros. Bing & Bob that sorta stuff.
Back then there was'nt no 100+ channels and the web to watch late @ night...
What was on the handful of channels still broadcasting is what you watched.
Otherwise it was all test patterns,LOL.

D@ng now I'm dating myself,oh well GTG for now.

BTW right now it's Aerosmith playing "Dream On" on WDRV,,,still FM,,,Still those JBL LX-22 w/the Celestion S20 sub...

Bret P.

Awesome!!!

Back
Top Bottom