I LOVE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!! another fun thread

I love it when I get to the surf spot and it's big, glassy and perfect and no one is out.

I love it when that beautiful woman gives you that smile.

Hello onepixel! Somehow I've missed your posts around here. Hey, love when old members pop back in (whether I've been cruising the wrong forums or not is anyone's guess).

Hello onepixel! Somehow I've missed your posts around here. Hey, love when old members pop back in (whether I've been cruising the wrong forums or not is anyone's guess).
Hey good to see you too. I got back into actually listening to music. So I’m over there most of the times. I poke around once in awhile. Find fun stuff.

I really enjoy seeing a story on the web that has a positive spin to it with a healthy dollop of humanity to it. It gives me faith that there ARE some good things happening out there in the world.

There is so much sensationalism that bombards the web these days in such a negative light, I really cling to reading of some person/group/society helping out some one/thing in distress, like that one chap who didn't know that he would have to pay for an additional plane ticket because his youngest was now over two years old. As a result this father (traveling alone) along with his young ones were stranded at the airport! Some complete stranger stepped in, and plunked down $1k so the man and his other children could make the intended journey. Then to add sincerity to this event, the woman in question who offered to help didn't want her identity known, but with some "digging" it was found out who she really was.

That warmed me heart that day overcoming all the rest what there was to experience on the web, eh?

Q

I really enjoy seeing a story on the web that has a positive spin to it with a healthy dollop of humanity to it. It gives me faith that there ARE some good things happening out there in the world.

I always say what Bill Hicks said, which is.....well.....I'll let him tell it. The subject is drugs, but replace "drugs" with "people".

I think about the fact that here in America, (on any given day) for the most part, 300 million people got along just fine.

Not safe for work.

I always say what Bill Hicks said, which is.....well.....I'll let him tell it. The subject is drugs, but replace "drugs" with "people".

I think about the fact that here in America, (on any given day) for the most part, 300 million people got along just fine.

Not safe for work.

Making light of the heavy in life, eh? Sometimes it works.

On one account, I agree. We do have the free will, and what we do with it creates our destiny for the main part, just in my POV.

On the second, in a perfect world to spend the $$$ as suggested would be a good thing only if ALL on this planet would accept this agreement without a hidden agenda. We found this out in 1939 in Poland, wherein the proverbial "push" turned into a "shove". Nuff said.

Q

Last edited:
Making light of the heavy in life, eh? Sometimes it works.

On one account, I agree. We do have the free will, and what we do with it creates our destiny for the main part, just in my POV.

One the second, in a perfect world to spend the $$$ as suggested would be a good thing only if ALL on this planet would accept this agreement without a hidden agenda. We found this out in 1939 in Poland, wherein the proverbial "push" turned into a "shove". Nuff said.

Q

Bill would tell you that he's a dreamer......but he's not the only one. :beatnik::thumbsup:

Who among us doesn't love when you go in a nondescript Salvation Army, GW, mom n pop store......and buried among the waltz/polka/gospel albums, there's a fantastic record, FOR CHEAP!

I picked up a beautiful copy of Bukka White "Legends of the Blues" in just such a manner. At another hole in the wall was a huge catalog of Stan Getz. Dude at the counter buying something else asked me "WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT!??" and was visibly pissed. I think I offered to share, but he kindly said no, and congratulated me on such a score.

I love it when that happens.

OK Redneck, I could say something here but in the spirit of this being a fun thread I will decline... :cool:

I was wondering who you were calling a redneck and looked at the previous page and saw 55Redneck posted something....

Anyway, I always feel a sense of relief when my taxes are done (due April 15 in US of A)

I was wondering who you were calling a redneck and looked at the previous page and saw 55Redneck posted something....

Anyway, I always feel a sense of relief when my taxes are done (due April 15 in US of A)

Really? I had another feeling last week when I did mine, but my feeling is unprintable! KWIM?

Q

OK Redneck, I could say something here but in the spirit of this being a fun thread I will decline... :cool:

OK Alobar, you've got me curious now. If you think it will not be in the spirit of this thread, PM me your thoughts about my post. I didn't see anything wrong with it but maybe I'm missing something here.o_O:confused:

It was pretty obvious... taking and not paying. Bad mojo.
That's what I thought. Well it was just stupid of them not to put the 7 dollar beers on my bill. Personally I think stupidity should hurt, then maybe there would be a lot less of it in this world.

Sorry Onwardjames, Ive said my peace, I'll shut the hell up now.

That's what I thought. Well it was just stupid of them not to put the 7 dollar beers on my bill. Personally I think stupidity should hurt, then maybe there would be a lot less of it in this world.

Sorry Onwardjames, Ive said my peace, I'll shut the hell up now.

While I can see both sides, let's not dwell on this, and move on. Please 55, stick around, buddy. :hug:

The other day I was in a thrift store, and there were two hipster d-bags blocking the electronics section with their carts, picking up every item, looking them up on ebay on their phones, just general overt d-baggery. I was thinking to myself "yeah, there's not going to be anything left over there". They finally walk away, and I stroll over there and find a Pioneer DVD/LD player, with remote for $10! I love it when that happens!

Then I stroll over to the media section, just as the d'baggers were finishing their appraisals in that section. I just happen to find a copy of a playstation game my wife has been looking for, and the discs were MINT! Love that too...

Then I get to the register, and surprise! It's half-off day too! Hot-damn, love it.

Indeed sweet, CoogarXR!

Finished watching tv with the missus, and a few cups of wine into it, I look at the clock. Darn....time to hit the hay.

I was 1 hour behind. Whoopie, one more hour.

It's the little things.

Sat back this day and thought of some events that really turn me crank when they happen:

When I go over to an infant and he/she turns to you with those sparking eyes and I get the biggest innocent grin

When I find there's no one in the next two seats on the plane and I can stretch out or what ever

When I am able to get the very last weekend newpaper in town

When my lotto ticket allows me another chance for a free ticket at the bucket of gold

When my birthday hits and I get cards with those "remember when...we love you"

When I get the outside cut of a roast

When an elderly types come up and say, "Wish I was as young as you"

When the car battery gives that one last gasp as I take it in to get another

When the TV remote dies after a 1/2 hour's search I finally get two replacement batteries

When I have that very first coffee on the deck in the Spring and the birds are singing my tune

When I play that one song and all those memories come flooding back

Some days, it don't take much.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom