Sometimes the Internet is just creepy

I can see that too, but I've never purchased tilapia, ever. That is the creepy part.
Someone maybe related to you perhaps that is related to your Facebook account ??

I guess what I am saying is that I doubt the store is listening in "Yet" :)

The easy way to take care of this is delete that Facebook "Trojan" or lock it way way down.

Frannie

Well, I have seen a few banners about marrying a Russian bride, so maybe it is a plot. Russia has their women marry all of us and then take over our finances, run our credit cards up and make us do all the chores. Now I really am creeped out. :yikes:
With me it's the Chinese. The internet is always trying to hook me up with hot local Asian gals. I live in a small town with one Chinese restaurant and I don't dare step inside for fear of being love bombed.

With me it's the Chinese. The internet is always trying to hook me up with hot local Asian gals. I live in a small town with one Chinese restaurant and I don't dare step inside for fear of being love bombed.
Well with all the "Banner Adverts" at places like this just typing the word "Chinese" will get you on a luv list.

Lucky for me there are no Chinese men dating sites.

Frannie

I'v been learning not to bite on click bate news articles, most are fake. If members post links to store sites I avoid them.

All my TVs and computers have tape over the cameras.
So do I and take it one step further, I still have a tube TV. lol

Well with all the "Banner Adverts" at places like this just typing the word "Chinese" will get you on a luv list.

Lucky for me there are no Chinese men dating sites.

Frannie
Many of them are responsible and come from good families. :D

Yeah, I tried the messenger app and it made my phone unusable. I ended up uninstalling it after a day.
But the real question, is it really gone?

I'm SO glad I don't use any "social media" other than AK so, I guess, you guys are it for me.
Umm..catfish fillets and hushpuppys anyone?

But the real question, is it really gone?

I'm SO glad I don't use any "social media" other than AK so, I guess, you guys are it for me.
Umm..catfish fillets and hushpuppys anyone?
Nothing is ever really gone with these apps/sites

Frannie

Nothing is ever really gone with these apps/sites

Frannie
I certainly believe it. I have a base-line windows phone that allegedly uses Bing and even when I clear my search history and go back and put the 1st letter of a word into it I'll get the same list of search suggestions that I did before I cleared my history out.

I'll be spending the day googling "Winning Lottery Numbers", "Jobs that pay insanely well but require no work" and "Tasty foods that don't make you fat".

Am expecting good things!

I can see that too, but I've never purchased tilapia, ever. That is the creepy part.

We all got together and got you some a while back ... did they not arrive? <G>

I'm more concerned about RFID tags ... you're probably carrying a few around right now and don't even know it. "Smart" ads in stores are coming. Argh! Make it stop!!

As we speak I am making myself a tinfoil hat. Why? Read this:
In the afternoon I was watching TV with my father. Nothing spcial, just an episode of wheeler dealers. They were fixing an old land rover.
My father said at one point: "Do you know the name of the mechanic?"
I said "Yes..."
He continued anyway "EDD CHINA, his name is EDD CHINA"
Nothing weird up until here right?
Right.

Half an hour ago I checked youtube on my laptop for some videos of Ave, tool repairs, some music etc. After a refresh on the recommended section appeared a video. The title? Edd China on leaving Wheeler Dealers posted by Edd China three days ago. Interesting, right? Now the details:
1. The tv is an old crt and we have no cable box, just the cable that plugs in the tv.
2. I have NEVER searched anything about that show on youtube. In fact I just listened to some music and watched some reviews on 3d printers for the last couple of days.
3. My smartphone is an old by now Lumia 920 on which I am not logged in on my youtube account because a couple of days ago I had to perform a hard reset and it barely had time to install all the updates and apps. It was in my pocket while we watched tv.

Could it be just a coincidence?

Maybe it's been mentioned, didn't re-read all posts, but FWIW many (most?) browsers have a setting to clear cookies and history on exit.

Well, I have seen a few banners about marrying a Russian bride, so maybe it is a plot. Russia has their women marry all of us and then take over our finances, run our credit cards up and make us do all the chores. Now I really am creeped out. :yikes:

The funny thing is, I used to get ads for russian brides and they were all young very pretty ladies. Then it was women in my area want to meet me. Now it's mature ladies want to meet me.They're getting older each time. Aw, heck! What's next?!
Meet my next offer of marriage ;
IMG_1817.JPG :eek2:

Could be worse , I searched for "The pen is mightier than the Sword" once . I forgot a space and added a comma and all hell broke loose .

My refrigerator just told me I can't have a beer ... dang doctor must be hooked into it ... (mumble grumble)

I was searching an address on google maps in a fast food joint this morning. Next thing I know I get a message wanting me to take pictures in the said joint and review ? Sucks don't it.

Back
Top Bottom