FiiO X3ii

A lot of fakes out there. If the price seems to good to be true...

Safest bet is to only buy in retail package IMHO.
I'm planning on buying retail in a blister pack, but I see online there are various SD cards all from the same manufacturer, all the same size ( see above example), slight change in the name/model with varying prices. What 128gb sd cards are you guys using?

I bought mine a little while ago so it was "only" 64GB, I went with the very well rated Samsung Evo series when I saw a good deal on the retail pack.

So I received my FiiO yesterday, got a 128 gb sd for it. To be honest, all things digital usually confound me, after bumbling along on the (limited) instructions I was able to upload some songs and I'm now listening! This is definitely different than my trusty ipod in terms of handling the various functions, but I am definitely digging the tunes! If anyone has advice as to a site that gives advice on handling, settings, uploading, tips, etc. please let me know. Oooo what a fun and quality toy!

So I've been enjoying my FiiO, and have a couple of questions. First off is EAC the recommended device for ripping cds to load onto my FiiO? I've ripped a couple of cds and while ripping them I see it does not allow me to choose FLAC files, but it does rip to WAV is that a problem? From what I have read WAV ( while still Lossless) requires more storage space, is it a significant difference? Are there other reasons why I should choose ( if I can figure out how to ) FLAC files?

I think one of the big advantages of FLAC is the ease with which metadata (track info, album art, etc.) can be embedded which allows it to be read by various players and preserved when converted to other types of files. I ripped my CD collection with dBpoweramp and I have had no trouble reading the metadata wherever I play them even when converted to MP3 for players that could not handle FLAC.

I'm waiting on a portable player with 1TB memory. My poor 'ol 320 GB Ipod is great, one of the most enjoyable purchases I've ever made actually, but it's probably only running about half of my collection.

So I've been enjoying my FiiO, and have a couple of questions. First off is EAC the recommended device for ripping cds to load onto my FiiO? I've ripped a couple of cds and while ripping them I see it does not allow me to choose FLAC files, but it does rip to WAV is that a problem? From what I have read WAV ( while still Lossless) requires more storage space, is it a significant difference? Are there other reasons why I should choose ( if I can figure out how to ) FLAC files?

Yes, wav files are much larger than FLAC. My problem with ripping to wav is that unlike FLAC or MP3 files wav files can't inherently have metadata. Yes you can add metadata to wav files. However it requires a separate file for the data. FLAC and MP3 handle metadata automatically.

I use EAC (Exact Audio Copy) or FREAC (Free Audio Converter) for all of my CD rips. Both applications allow ripping directly to FLAC or any file format you specify. You have to configure the applications to rip to the format you want.

For LP rips I use Audacity.

I have been watching for the release of X5 III. I read that there has been a release in Asia and some evaluation units are out in the field. ???. Anyone have any more news? When are these going to be available? Or, perhaps I should look at the X5 II that are probably going to be all over the 'Bay in the near future. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom