Polydome weight?

okeeteekid

Was always wondering what the difference in weight was between the original polydome and the RSDS polydome, well wonder no more, I weighed them both removed from their magnet structures with the faceplate still installed as the RSDS faceplate didn't look like it wanted to come off so I just left the faceplates on both drivers as they are the same anyway.

I thought that the RSDS polydome was going to be much heavier, boy was I wrong as it was only 2 more grams than the original, the weight could easily be the difference in weight in the faceplate assembly.
so now we know.
P1040367.JPG P1040368.JPG

All the RSDS polydomes I had (I stupidly sold most of them for a pittance, before the polydome shortage) have a metal screen over the dome. Did you remove the screen, or was there more than one version?

All the RSDS polydomes I had (I stupidly sold most of them for a pittance, before the polydome shortage) have a metal grillle over the dome. Did you remove the grill, or was there more than one version.
I removed the grill, I think it looks more like the original with it off, if you had those RSDS polydomes now they would be worth a small fortune, the good thing about the RSDS polydome is that it will last forever.

I removed the grill, I think it looks more like the original with it off, if you had those RSDS polydomes now they would be worth a small fortune, the good thing about the RSDS polydome is that it will last forever.

Have two sets and hold on to them like they are made of gold. Hahaha!

Back
Top Bottom