Speaking of Small Advents . . . .

gdmoore28

Mine have been sitting idle for almost a year now because I cannot find a recone kit. Note: not a surround kit - a recone kit. One of mine has a bad voice coil. I can reuse the original spitwad center cap, but I cannot find a complete recone kit anywhere.

Does anybody have a source for them? I love these speakers and would love to get them up and singing to me again.

GeeDeeEmm

I'd just pick up a good used woofer and re-foam it if need be, they are quite commonly available. I once bought an SA with a popped out voice coil and cone assembly (my fault, I should have removed the grill covers and inspected them more closely before buying). I bought a good used woofer on fleabay and re-foamed it and has been perfect since. Parts for the SA are almost always available on eBay or here in Bartertown. I love the Smaller Advent Loudspeaker, got 4 or sets of them around here. Long since replaced all of the Dynaco A-25 and AR4x speakers that I once swore by.

Mine have been sitting idle for almost a year now because I cannot find a recone kit. Note: not a surround kit - a recone kit. One of mine has a bad voice coil. I can reuse the original spitwad center cap, but I cannot find a complete recone kit anywhere.

Does anybody have a source for them? I love these speakers and would love to get them up and singing to me again.

GeeDeeEmm
Dave Miller at Speakerworks here in Tulsa. I had him repair a voicecoil on one of my Smaller Advents. He does good work.

Back
Top Bottom