Any Portland Oregon clubs?

Aaron99

I have seen a few AK here from Portland Oregon, Vancouver WA area. Any interest in a local club? I am not an expert, but would love to learn and network with more knowledgeable members.

Also in the Portland area, been a while since I've posted here but thought I'd speak up and say that I too would love to meet fellow AK'ers of the area

I think yer right. Maybe we meet at a local eatery, have the beverage and meal of our choice, and get to know one another?

Then we can move on from there.

I'm up in the Tacoma area, but after an upcoming three month road trip I'll end up in Portland. Would be great to hook up with you guys then.

About when will you be in PDX, Sunny61?
Not until July on a permanent basis. I'm actually putting everything in storage and will be in my rv after the first of April. I will spend most of April in Portland before I head to Idaho to fish the Henry's Fork for two months. I have to give up one passion for another every so often. I could meet up with you sometime in April but, of course, I won't have any of my kit available. I'll let you know when I head down.

-Sunny

I'm in Portland, count me in! I say we set a date to meet up at a bar, and then if someone with the space is willing to host after meeting up, we all bring food/drinks to show appreciation for our host. Not to mention pitching in to make the place spotless afterwards. I could have hosted a few months ago but alas, my landlord sold my house and I'm now living in a small apartment. All too common a story here in Portland (anyone thinking of moving here - don't!!! the weather is as bad as they say - stay away lol!!!!).

On another note has anyone had any work done by Pat at Classic Tube Audio? I have a Scott tube amp that needs work. I'm most likely sending it to Craig at NosValves as he is apparently the man as far as Scott equipment goes and having him do the work will ensure it's future value (as well as most likely giving me a perfecly functioning amp). But it would be nice not to ship it...

I'm in Portland, count me in! I say we set a date to meet up at a bar, and then if someone with the space is willing to host after meeting up, we all bring food/drinks to show appreciation for our host. Not to mention pitching in to make the place spotless afterwards. I could have hosted a few months ago but alas, my landlord sold my house and I'm now living in a small apartment. All too common a story here in Portland (anyone thinking of moving here - don't!!! the weather is as bad as they say - stay away lol!!!!).

On another note has anyone had any work done by Pat at Classic Tube Audio? I have a Scott tube amp that needs work. I'm most likely sending it to Craig at NosValves as he is apparently the man as far as Scott equipment goes and having him do the work will ensure it's future value (as well as most likely giving me a perfecly functioning amp). But it would be nice not to ship it...
Lots of opinions and reviews both good and bad. I would think twice about dealing with him. Definitely do some research.

I have had nothing but absolutely fantastic experiences with Pat @ Classic Tube Audio. He is a great guy and he knows what the hell he is doing. He offers top notch service and guarantees his work. He's rebuilt my McIntosh tube gear as well as my Fisher, Pilot and Heathkit tube gear. He has sold and serviced several Scott pieces to a close friend of mine and they both work and sound fantastic.

Lots of opinions and reviews both good and bad. I would think twice about dealing with him. Definitely do some research.

I've only found the one negative review, do you know of others? Like I said, leaning heavily towards Craig, I just hate the idea of shipping my amp.

Back
Top Bottom