How much longer do you think you have?

Everyone on both side of my family is 80s-104 EXCEPT my parents of which I am older now then they were when they passed away

If the stress does not stop in my living situation, I am lucky if I have 2 more years. I am constantly worried about money, old lady and I have not gotten along for quite awhile and I really feel I need a change of scenery

Enough said

Everyone on both side of my family is 80s-104 EXCEPT my parents of which I am older now then they were when they passed away

If the stress does not stop in my living situation, I am lucky if I have 2 more years. I am constantly worried about money, old lady and I have not gotten along for quite awhile and I really feel I need a change of scenery

Enough said
There were some changes in life recently some of which are not to different from yours but way more.Hang in there and fight for life.I'd be mortified if I thought I had only two years.Peace.

Thank you all for replying ,There are some interesting stories in there, I wish you all a long life with plenty of great music and as little stress as possible.
I have sworn off TV and all news for a calmer quieter life I try to stay away from the carbs but man the bread and pizza just keep calling my name.
My days are filled with lots of music and talking to people while I am out and about.
It seems every time I strike up a friendly conversation with someone they always start smiling or by the time we part ways they are smiling, so I see it as a win win for me and them.
Everyone needs more laughter and smiles in their life, I know I do.
I tell my grown daughter I am like a clock, if I am sitting around and have no one to talk too , I start to wind down , I need music and conversation to wind me up for the next 24 hours.
Reading all of your replies tells the story of life, no matter what your health keep a positive attitude and take it one day at a time, be thankful for waking up every morning , seeing your wife, kids and friends one more time.
After my mom and dad passed away, I looked at death as just another place to go in due time after all my mom and dad had already gone before me and will be there for me.
My oldest brother passed away about a year ago now, we were not really that close age difference I guess, but we were brothers and did love each other .
I was not there the morning he died 500 miles away he went before I could leave, I woke up at 4:30 in the morning from a sound sleep hearing him, I think he said " I will see you Bro" he always called me Bro, he died at about 5:00.
Needless to say, I do believe we continue on after this life , but that's another story, my dad would tell me not to be in a such a damn hurry and stop thinking about it, so I will just have to get busy living everyday with a little more pep in my step!

I'm not so much worried about how much time I have left and more focused on the time I do have being the best it can be. Quality over quantity.

It's the beer that has a hold on me.Anyway when the time comes I just want to know I was a good man.Preparing for the next life.

Never a smoker and only a very occasional drinker. Recently cut out all pop and started watching my sodium intake. Red meat is the next project.

Still far from perfect but every bit helps... right until the day I get hit by a falling satellite. :p

I'd say 25-30 years or so if I had to guess. I am 44. If I get to see both of my kids get married, anything else is gravy.

Lost both my parents ,my mother 4 yrs ago at 78/dad this past winter at 88.Grand parents all lived deep into their eighties so at 58 I may get another 2-3 decades hopefully but if I passed tomorrow id find solitude knowing I lived fully,had a great marriage{recently separated} and have 4 great kids all adults on their own.
Now we get to the real good part..GRANDKIDS!!My oldest granddaughter is 2 yrs,she's incredible and the highlight of my days ,I watch her often as her moms quite busy,another 1 yr old grandson and 2 more in the ovens for this summers births.
Ive decided chaseing a paycheck is counter-productive to living life the way I want with dwindleing days so started a small business...its part time/at home zero stress,enough to get by decently and just the way I want to live out the last couple yrs until my pension plan kicks in
Health wise I'm good,walk 1hr daily {last 5 yrs},BP 135/75 no medications,maybe 40 lbs over ideal weight...and NO sugar/tabacco!
I'm a believer in this .."Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor in the future shall any of us cease to be"

Last edited:
Like I referred to.....

There are many low cost adventures to be had that will put a smile on your face. Then there are all of our favorite TV shows from the sixties and seventies on DVD. The only thing I watch new on television is historical based movies and serials like Black Sails, hell of a show....

Congestive Heart Failure Survivor for 15 years now & I thank the Lord for keeping me through it all. After Carolyn's death in '13 I thought I didn't want to live much anymore & even today I struggle.

But, my kids, family, & friends keep me strong in living my life not only for me, but to keep them strong as well.

We all have a timer above our heads from birth that with each breath winds down until this life will be over. Don't focus some much on watching and/or thinking about that timer as you will miss so much goodness your life has to enjoy & offer!

Don't become bitter, be better!

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/attitude-bitter-or-better.271447/

Rome

I'll go on January 10th, 2021 from a single gunshot wound to the head. Apparently my neighbor didn't like that I stole his only pig, but hey, since the economy collapsed two years before that, and my wife and I had eaten the last of our chickens three weeks before, we were rather desperate.

What surprised me was that I didn't know anybody had any bullets left. :(

Not everything about time travel is good.

Back
Top Bottom