What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

BonnieRaittNickofTime.jpg

Digging through my measly collection. (thanks Kevin for making me feel so inadequate LOL)
Pulled this one out. Probably haven't played it since 1982 or '83 back when it came out. It's not bad. A Swiss AC/DC clone. The cover looks cool to this day.
This one's going back to the crate after side one finishes.

Killer - Thriller
https://www.discogs.com/Killer-Thriller/release/1785362
002.jpg
003.jpg

When I say AC/DC clone, I mean Damn, more AC/DC than AC/DC.

I don't have one anymore, but the recording put me in mind of when I had it...
That's how I was reading your post PHO (phonetic spelling of FOH), it was just a mental picture of what was and what could still be today.
I take a mental cruise in my old Challenger every so often. It always involves music. It doesn't bring it back, but it does bring back some good memories.
img174.jpg

That's how I was reading your post PHO (phonetic spelling of FOH), it was just a mental picture of what was and what could still be today.
I take a mental cruise in my old Challenger every so often. It always involves music. It doesn't bring it back, but it does bring back some good memories.
img174.jpg
Ah, Frank, The good old days! Reminds me of my '66 Mustang, all disc brakes, Blue Printed BOSS 302, 411 posi rear, B&M Shifter, 10.5sec q mile. I would burn throught tires once a month. :) And yes, initially an 8 track, that was then replaced with a cassette.

Ah, Frank, The good old days! Reminds me of my '66 Mustang, all disc brakes, Blue Printed BOSS 302, 411 posi rear, B&M Shifter, 10.5sec q mile. I would burn throught tires once a month. :) And yes, initially an 8 track, that was then replaced with a cassette.
And that my brother was a cool mental 1/4 mile in your Mustang. Thanks for taking me along for the ride. My head was pinned back so far while you were banging gears that I couldn't tell if it was a fastback, coupe or convertible...?

EDIT: Blitz, my Challenger, about 3 months after I bought because I had spent my last dime to buy it in '81 had a Pioneer Supertuner cassette deck, a Kenwood graphic equalizer under the dash, Audiovox 5 1/4 coaxial's in the kick panels and Jensen 6x9's in the rear side panels. Just could squeeze them in and still have clearance for the window crank. That system crushed.

Last edited:
And that my brother was a cool mental 1/4 mile in your Mustang. Thanks for taking me along for the ride. My head was pinned back so far while you were banging gears that I couldn't tell if it was a fastback, coupe or convertible...?
Hardtop, better rigidity, not that they were ever canyon cars, but I manage anyway, 4 wheel power slides on Decker and Mulholland Canyons. I would scare my friend so bad, he would wear his motorcycle helmet when I took him out racing around. Fun times. I remember burning an entire tank of gas in 2 hours on a Friday night racing around. There was only one guy in town that could beat me in the q mile, my brother with a '68 Mustang 9 sec q mile. That thing was a real rocket ship. Cops would pull either of us over, not to issue a ticket, but to request us to pop the hood so they could look at the V8 goodness. For small blocks, those BOSS 302 's with 10:1 compression ratio and 411 rear posi really were rocket ships. I should really have been dead with the stuff I did.....

Last edited:

EDIT: Blitz, my Challenger, about 3 months after I bought because I had spent my last dime to buy it in '81 had a Pioneer Supertuner cassette deck, a Kenwood graphic equalizer under the dash, Audiovox 5 1/4 coaxial's in the kick panels and Jensen 6x9's in the rear side panels. Just could squeeze them in and still have clearance for the window crank. That system crushed.
That was the real deal back then! Wish we had a time machine ;)

Jury is still out on Magnum, going to need to give it another listen.. Dream Theater is sounding good so far, bit harder driving this one - not as much floaty spacey stuff (I Like) as others of theirs, but still very good. I'm kinda scanning through all 3 new discs to get a taste. Will give them a more serious listen another time. Next up, Riverside

Digging through my measly collection. (thanks Kevin for making me feel so inadequate LOL)
Pulled this one out. Probably haven't played it since 1982 or '83 back when it came out. It's not bad. A Swiss AC/DC clone. The cover looks cool to this day.
This one's going back to the crate after side one finishes.

Killer - Thriller
https://www.discogs.com/Killer-Thriller/release/1785362
002.jpg
003.jpg

When I say AC/DC clone, I mean Damn, more AC/DC than AC/DC.

I'll see if I can liven up your collection with a rip of Rock Wakeman's Criminal Record. Never done a vinyl rip before so I want to figure it out. I'm back at work now so it might take a couple of days.

Nice oboe concerto, btw. My DG collection has grown substantially but I don't think I have that one.

Back
Top Bottom