What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

148-robin-trower-caravan-to-midnight.jpg

I'll see if I can liven up your collection with a rip of Rock Wakeman's Criminal Record. Never done a vinyl rip before so I want to figure it out. I'm back at work now so it might take a couple of days.

Nice oboe concerto, btw. My Deutsche Grammaphon collection has grown substantially but I don't think I have that one.
Keven, My DG collection grew a wee bit today when I took another look at one of my thrift store box sets that I bought a few weeks ago.
It was this one. I had totally glossed over the tiny DG logo. No doubt it caught your eye first time when I posted it last month.
010.jpg

That Rick Wakeman looks really cool Kevin. I've been ripping vinyl for years, so maybe I can help you with the process. PM me with any questions.

Keven, My DG collection grew a wee bit today when I took another look at one of my thrift store box sets that I bought a few weeks ago.
It was this one. I had totally glossed over the tiny DG logo. No doubt it caught your eye first time when I posted it last month.
010.jpg

Nice one. I had a dig through several box sets today but managed to constrain myself and only bought about 6. One of them was DG Brandenburg Concertos. Very pleased wth that.

FOH Engineer, I'm closing my evening as well with Miles Davis - Birth Of The Cool.
It was sitting on top of the cd player, so I figured what the heck, another spin from something I've played like twice since buying it 15 years ago would be the proper thing to do. I always knew someday I'd catch up to Miles so I bought it back when I had disposable money...digging the shizzle out of it.
001.jpg

Nice one. I had a dig through several box sets today but managed to constrain myself and only bought about 6. One of them was DG Brandenburg Concertos. Very pleased wth that.
DG Brandenburg Concerto's complete?
Total no brainer regardless, but knowing you I'm sure it's the complete Brandenburg Concerto's, and they're pristine, because you deserve it and you will conserve it.

DG Brandenburg Concerto's complete?
Total no brainer regardless, but knowing you I'm sure it's the complete Brandenburg Concerto's, and they're pristine, because you deserve it and you will conserve it.

Yes. I checked the box to make sure it was complete. My OCD would not have allowed me to buy an incomplete set. There was a Strauss box also, but disk one was missing so I left it behind. No "Blue Danube", no bargain.

I also scored Wagner's Ring Des Nibelung. I've only heard a few pieces from that so I'm looking forward to hearing it complete.

Yes. I checked the box to make sure it was complete. My OCD would not have allowed me to buy an incomplete set. There was a Strauss box also, but disk one was missing so I left it behind. No "Blue Danube", no bargain.

I also scored Wagner's Ring Des Nibelung. I've only heard a few pieces from that so I'm looking forward to hearing it complete.
Hey Brother Kevin,

How are you doing this late evening? Do you have some time off work for a bit to relax and enjoy being home in the cave with music cranking? Hope all is well.

Chris
-Blitz

Hey Brother Kevin,

How are you doing this late evening? Do you have some time off work for a bit to relax and enjoy being home in the cave with music cranking? Hope all is well.

Chris
-Blitz

Hi Chris.

No, I'm working. I had a chance to spin some disks earlier. I'm working on a pipeline project so there will be a lot of waiting time tonight. No idea how long I'll be working.

Hi Chris.

No, I'm working. I had a chance to spin some disks earlier. I'm working on a pipeline project so there will be a lot of waiting time tonight. No idea how long I'll be working.
Hi Kevin,
Well, it sounds like you're close to home, so that's good. I'm going to play one more then that's it for me tonight

Take care my friend.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom