What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

FOH Engineer, I'm closing my evening as well with Miles Davis - Birth Of The Cool.
It was sitting on top of the cd player, so I figured what the heck, another spin from something I've played like twice since buying it 15 years ago would be the proper thing to do. I always knew someday I'd catch up to Miles so I bought it back when I had disposable money...digging the shizzle out of it.
001.jpg
Hey Frank, Great Choice....Birth of the Cool is one of the greatest jazz albums ever made..It should be in everybody's stack of jazz, even if it's just a casual small group of things..

Jury is still out on Magnum, going to need to give it another listen.. Dream Theater is sounding good so far, bit harder driving this one - not as much floaty spacey stuff (I Like) as others of theirs, but still very good. I'm kinda scanning through all 3 new discs to get a taste. Will give them a more serious listen another time. Next up, Riverside

I've never heard any Magnum; going to have to give them a go at some point.

And yes, Train Of Thought is definitely DT at their heaviest and that was the goal with that album. I believe I remember seeing or reading an interview with Mike Portnoy that they wanted to make a "classic metal album" with that one, in the vein of Master Of Puppets and Rust In Peace or so. There is a video out there where you can see their "wall of inspiration," I believe.

Hey Frank, Great Choice....Birth of the Cool is one of the greatest jazz albums ever made..It should be in everybody's stack of jazz, even if it's just a casual small group of things..

I remember buying that disc in the wake of Ken Burns: Jazz. For some reason it didn't appeal to me at the time, then I forgot about it. I rather preferred the Coltrane cd's that I bought at the same time and of course the KB: Jazz box set and artist comp cd's. I guess the "D" section of my CD rack is not perused very often. Finding it now is like finding a 20 dollar bill in last winters coat pocket cuz I really am enjoying it.

Listening to The Blue Stingrays - Surf N Burn internet rip that I'm editing at the moment. Thanks for this suggestion P-Man.
the_stingrays_cleaning_lab.jpg

600x600.jpg

Last edited:
index.php

On a bit of an Art Pepper jag over the last day or two..
Hey PHO, another cool tv series started up last night on the DIY channel. Big Beach Builds.
http://www.diynetwork.com/shows/big-beach-builds/episodes

It's yet another in the "Fixer Upper" genre but this one is cool cuz it's strictly coastal Delaware. I think she's based out of Bethany Beach.
And the girl doing the reno's is pretty cute.
635895744133490198-IMG-2812.JPG

(sorry for going slightly off topic)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom