The Record Collectors Guild is Back!

Spinning45s

Though there are other threads on the RCG, I thought that its recovery justified a separate thread.

As the title says, it is up and running and it looks like the past threads from the original forums
were imported into the new one.

About time because when it first came back on line, it was pretty lame. We spent years getting all that info on the original RCG and it was a shame when it was not accessible. I will have to go take a look... a lot of old members left there, I miss Shady Sam and Cactus Cowboy

About time because when it first came back on line, it was pretty lame. We spent years getting all that info on the original RCG and it was a shame when it was not accessible. I will have to go take a look... a lot of old members left there, I miss Shady Sam and Cactus Cowboy
I think Cactus Cowboy came back, but Shady Sam is still missing.

Looks like it's gone again. I tried logging in but received a message, unable to connect to server, the same thing that happened before when the site was overwhelmed with spam. It's been going on for over two weeks now.

It seems like the Guild never really recovered from the first attack. Only about half a dozen were posting, too many of the long time members never returned. Now, it could be the final nail in the coffin. What a shame. It was a great site for records.

I know, two year old thread.

I was on RCG quite a while but could never log into it after about 2013 (Can't remember the exact time frame)

Interesting they disappeared. I was on there almost longer than here (I was on here under a different user name originally)

well, I was one of the moderators way back in the good old days (you might guess my nickname was prancinghorse).

We did not really recover from the two major hacker attacks and after some time the owner Jeff (nick was cutter and a few others) decided to sell the site and afterwards we never really could get the thing moving again. I am still in contact (at least occasionally) with some other mods like rooster or mikey or kimmo but that's it.

A great shame that one can say, with no exaggeration, that it was the premiere record collecting site on the planet, and the owner apparently sold it (for a pittance, I'd imagine) to a dicey group who promptly ruined it.

Back
Top Bottom