Acoustic Sounds, Analogue Productions, Quality Record Pressings

Last time I looked postage outside the US was ..............excessive.

(and that was before all the postage outside the US became...........stupid).
Shipping is free for us over $65 in items. You also have a currency rate going against you not to mention the high shipping charges in other countries. Look at eBay UK, most the sales and auction are pickup only because it cost a lot there.

Given that and the fact that I don't posses unlimited funds, I choose to select AP's titles that I most want. If I had unlimited funds I'd simply buy everything they release. They have probably never released a mediocre product. Some of what is being released today is the best ever because the quality of the remastering is so excellent. Between Bob Ludwig, Bernie Grundman, Steve Hoffman and the gang at MoFi, we are hearing remastered old favourites as they have never been heard ever. I wish I could buy all of their efforts. As a fan of high level vinyl replay it is sure some exciting times.

The new stuff(from selected personnel) in almost every instance eclipses first release copies which have been hotly sought after and expensive. Now is the time to be buying vinyl gentlemen.

Given that and the fact that I don't posses unlimited funds, I choose to select AP's titles that I most want. If I had unlimited funds I'd simply buy everything they release. They have probably never released a mediocre product. Some of what is being released today is the best ever because the quality of the remastering is so excellent. Between Bob Ludwig, Bernie Grundman, Steve Hoffman and the gang at MoFi, we are hearing remastered old favourites as they have never been heard ever. I wish I could buy all of their efforts. As a fan of high level vinyl replay it is sure some exciting times.

The new stuff(from selected personnel) in almost every instance eclipses first release copies which have been hotly sought after and expensive. Now is the time to be buying vinyl gentlemen.
What does it cost to get one of the $50 AP records to your door?

I've been buying from Chad and his crew in Kansas for eight years now and have placed well over a hundred orders. AP is an excellent label and Acoustic Sounds has given me top service. Chad always answers my emails and loves to talk music and records.

What does it cost to get one of the $50 AP records to your door?
Firstly the Aussie dollar is 0.75 of the US at the moment so a $50 record is $63 Aus. Shipping (for let's say 4 records) can amount to $100Aus on top.

Firstly the Aussie dollar is 0.75 of the US at the moment so a $50 record is $63 Aus.

If I buy one of their $50 records at my local store it cost me $59 + tax, so around $65 total. I see that shipping gets you though, $25 per record is not very cool at all.

The shipping expense has to be seen that the shipping price in US dollars is proportionately less and that we are on the opposite side of the planet. I wouldn't have to pay any shipping if I picked them up in person. Just a very long swim and walk or conversely a return airfare. Makes the $100 Aus look like good value.

The shipping expense has to be seen that the shipping price in US dollars is proportionately less and that we are on the opposite side of the planet. I wouldn't have to pay any shipping if I picked them up in person. Just a very long swim and walk or conversely a return airfare. Makes the $100 Aus look like good value.
Good value !! if you've got the money for a hundred buck record each time.
I've no argument with the quality or Chas' committment, but a hundred bucks a shot doesn't work on the pension.

I know Hendrix releases have been spoken to earlier, but I was surprised how inexpensive some of them are. I picked up a 2014 Are You Experienced 180g LP today, pressed at QRP, for $12.99 at Fry's. Looked like this:

Hendrix.jpg

Sound quality seems really good.

I wish more QRP pressings of good/classic albums would sell for <$15.

Hey all, just wanted to share a link I came across at work today that has a list of in stock QRP titles.

I know Hendrix releases have been spoken to earlier, but I was surprised how inexpensive some of them are. I picked up a 2014 Are You Experienced 180g LP today, pressed at QRP, for $12.99 at Fry's. Looked like this:

View attachment 893618

Sound quality seems really good.

I wish more QRP pressings of good/classic albums would sell for <$15.

Eric,
Evan shared a link to look for QRP and there is another way to do it also.

Go to AS, search Vinyl> All Vinyl> Type in the search box Quality Record Pressing. You suold see over 650 titles. They advertise there pressing work there so you'll find all sorts of records from $19 and up.

I love acoustic sounds and what they do.

Just ordered these amazing releases which apart from the 45rpm melody gardot they are all QRP. Can't wait to get my hands on them.

ACRC 38913 1 Macy Gray/ Stripped 180g/ QRP
AUNI 8756-45 1 Melody Gardot/ Worrisome Heart Import
APRJ 28 1 Gene Ammons/ Soulful Moods Of Gene Ammon
AOJC 298 1 Etta Jones/ Don't Go To Strangers

So I just got my order from Sound Stage Direct the other day. Two Keb Mo, a Ben Webster on QRP, and a Big Bad Voodoo Daddy on Savoy.

One Keb Mo has to go back due to a slight scuff the size of an eraser head. The QRP has slight edge warps but sounds nice. Not impressed for $50. The Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is warped like a tortilla but sounds very nice.

Not satisfied as a whole with the experience.

Regards
Mister Pig

So I just got my order from Sound Stage Direct the other day.

Well I just got to ask, why did you go to Sound Stage Direct for Acoustic Sounds product?

Two Keb Mo, a Ben Webster on QRP, and a Big Bad Voodoo Daddy on Savoy.

Could you be clear on these titles and catalog # John so I can look them up?
You say they are pressed at QRP? are any of them Analog Productions?

If you had bought from AS and it was one of their AP or APO products they would send you just the record without the cover ASAP without having to retune anything. They can hand pick the record they send you this way and make sure it's perfect.

The QRP has slight edge warps but sounds nice. Not impressed for $50. The Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is warped like a tortilla but sounds very nice.

When you start going to third parties for a records, know that, that record is now starting to get shipped all over the place and handled and stored in more locations. Who knows if orders from AS to SSD sat on the loading dock in the sun, or how long the stock sat in their warehouse and under what conditions. Let alone the road travel in trucks getting loaded and unloaded numerous times along the way. Just my 2 cents

Well I just got to ask, why did you go to Sound Stage Direct for Acoustic Sounds product?

Could you be clear on these titles and catalog # John so I can look them up?
You say they are pressed at QRP? are any of them Analog Productions?

If you had bought from AS and it was one of their AP or APO products they would send you just the record without the cover ASAP without having to retune anything. They can hand pick the record they send you this way and make sure it's perfect.

When you start going to third parties for a records, know that, that record is now starting to get shipped all over the place and handled and stored in more locations. Who knows if orders from AS to SSD sat on the loading dock in the sun, or how long the stock sat in their warehouse and under what conditions. Let alone the road travel in trucks getting loaded and unloaded numerous times along the way. Just my 2 cents

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/ben-webster-soulville-180-gram-45-rpm-vinyl-lp.shtml

Actually its an AP release. But it is a QRP pressing according to the inside sleeve.

Sounds good though, so its worth the effort.

Regards
Mister Pig

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom