Kensonic/Accuphase owners show your stuff.

Ds2000

The fi must be higher.
Subscriber
This forum recently expanded to include the venerable Accuphase name, so here is a general thread where one can show us your Kensonic/Accuphase gear.
I'll start off with one already seen here and one new.
P-600 amp, 300w/channel, 85 lbs. IMG_1026.JPG

DP-100/DC-101 SACD/CD transport & DAC. 102 lbs of Accuphase fun. IMG_1022.JPG

I've got a Accuphase F-25 active crossover. No photos. I'm lucky enough to have a full set of modules for it. They are not easy to attain with a full st of modules.. It is a very good active crossover. I only stopped using it when I switched to the KRKs with the internal active crossovers.

Long time Accuphase fan here:

I have a C-2420, and it's located in my cabinet, and difficult to photograph well. When I eventually get a matching amp, and need to move things around, I will get an actual photo.

Until then, here are some stock photos.

c-2420.jpg
c-2420_b.jpg

Last edited:
We need to bring back the drool emoticon...

drooling_homer.gif

Nice pro amp Sixthday! On the outside it does not look like Accuphase, but the guts look like Accuphase all the way.

Mods, can we "sticky" this thread just under the already stuck "Kenwood owners, show us your Kenwoods"? It would make it an easy and friendly way for Accu owners to join the forum, while the sticky will (of course) keep it at the top.

Ah yes, Accuphase. Having only owned a classic tuner (T-101) previously, I decided to try out a vintage integrated amp when I began to build a new system here is Lisbon. I began with an E-303, and also bought a T-103 tuner from the same seller. I was happy, but couldn't resist upgrading to an E-303x, and it was a substantial upgrade. As I had done with the previous amp, I had the 303x cleaned and re-capped by an excellent local technician. I also chose to go a bit wild, and replaced four of the eight speaker binding posts with expensive, but excellent WBT Signature Platinum Binding Posts. The original internal wiring leading to and from the posts were also replaced with Van Den Hul cables.

Power Supply Capacitors used: Nippon Chemicon with upgraded capacitance to 78000mF instead of 44000mF; Audio High Grade Nichicon capacitors onboard

I am using the amp with an old, but fine Electrocompaniet EMC-1UP Cd player, along with Audience Au24 speaker cables and interconnects. The speakers are Harbeth P3SER.

Cheers,

Tony C.

(click photos to enlarge)

StSys2.jpg

StSys3.jpg

AccUpg7.jpg

Last edited:
Ah yes, Accuphase. Having only owned a classic tuner (T-101) previously, I decided to try out a vintage integrated amp when I began to build a new system here is Lisbon. I began with an E-303, and also bought a T-103 tuner from the same seller. I was happy, but couldn't resist upgrading to an E-303x, and it was a substantial upgrade. As I had done with the previous amp, I had the 303x cleaned and re-capped by an excellent local technician. I also chose to go a bit wild, and replaced four of the eight speaker binding posts with expensive, but excellent WBT Signature Platinum Binding Posts. The original internal wiring leading to and from the posts were also replaced with Van Den Hul cables.

Power Supply Capacitors used: Nippon Chemicon with upgraded capacitance to 78000mF instead of 44000mF; Audio High Grade Nichicon capacitors onboard

I am using the amp with an old, but fine Electrocompaniet EMC-1UP Cd player, along with Audience Au24 speaker cables and interconnects. The speakers are Harbeth P3SER.

Cheers,

Tony C.

Hi Tony,

Beautiful Accuphase pieces you have there. The new binding posts fits the 'look' of the Accuphase; much better than the plastic ones for sure.

Thank you for sharing.

Adam

Last edited:
Thanks very much, Adam! I have no idea how much the upgraded posts actually improve the sound, nor do I know what the amp sounded like when new from the factory. But it is a beautiful piece of equipment, and sounds very, very good in my system, so I have no regrets about having reconditioned it to a high standard.

Cheers,

Tony

I would love to see more owners posting their Accuphase gear:)

Here is an internal pic of my pre-amp. It's not my photo, but who cares:

Accuphase C-2420 Pre-Amp:

c-2420_top_f.jpg

Compare this to their TOTL pre-Amp, C-3850:king:, at more than twice the price

c-3850_inside_top_1.jpg

Attachments

• c-2420_top_f.jpg
    c-2420_top_f.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 12
  • c-2420_top_f.jpg
    c-2420_top_f.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 8
Frahengeo, consider that there has only been an Accuphase forum on AK for a couple of months. It will take a while for appreciators to find their way to here. The other thing is that this is not the only Accuphase forum on the internet and that it is coupled with the Kenwood/Trio forum. There would be some who would prefer to post elsewhere.

I rarely post about my system's components unless the thread is specifically about that model. If I think that a component I own is particularly noteworthy audio component I will post to that effect only a few times. Any further reference to that component will be usually thereafter reserved to specific threads about that component.

Frahengeo, consider that there has only been an Accuphase forum on AK for a couple of months. It will take a while for appreciators to find their way to here. The other thing is that this is not the only Accuphase forum on the internet and that it is coupled with the Kenwood/Trio forum. There would be some who would prefer to post elsewhere.

I rarely post about my system's components unless the thread is specifically about that model. If I think that a component I own is particularly noteworthy audio component I will post to that effect only a few times. Any further reference to that component will be usually thereafter reserved to specific threads about that component.

I do appreciate the feedback theophile, and I understand what you are saying. Everybody is different, and not all owners want to post pics of their gear or system, and that's obviously their right.

Yes. This thread is relatively new, but is there a better way to gain exposure other than to add new posts; even if that post lacks any depth or wisdom:)

Back
Top Bottom