What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Companies that suddenly change a product without warning, turning a good product into a useless one, and if you complain, they offer you a discount coupon to buy more of the same product!

I have a pet peeve. Literally!

We have this Sheltie, Ian. And no, not named after any of the relatives, although there's a couple who could wear his name on the dog tag quite deservingly. Another peeve for another time.

Now Ian is too damned smart! Way so. Every thing we've taught him he picks up within mins. Which for the most part, is a good thing, right? But this guy watches your every move, and we are both with him for 24/7 now so there's lots of viewing/learning going on, and he's starting to pick up things that we HAVEN'T taught him... like opening a latched door that has been closed in the first place. Because of him, I caught hell the other day for leaving it unlatched until I discovered the real culprit who's responsible.

Then, there's the cuddle time. He will not settle down unless he gets this one on one cuddle/hugs episode before he goes to bed, and will demand this no matter how late it is. No cuddle, no sleep.

Finally, there''s the muzzle that we've had to resort to, as being a herd-type of dog, he's perpertually warning us of the dangerous clouds, killer squirrels, or the beastly birds who are daring to infiltrate our property, which in reality he's probably thinking it's really his. So, lately, BEFORE we can put the device on, we have to find it. This canine hides it! Some times in obvious places, but he's getting better at it! The mail boxes ain't that far from the house, so the postal people may get an unwanted reward some day I fear.

So, that's my pet peeve for the day, but got a feeling that I'm not alone in the world with pet peeves.

Q
Speaking of smart Shelties, our Mikey knew right from left.....

We still miss him around here.

Back to the news ... I'm right now watching coverage of the shooting incident at the Parliament buildings. I've been tuned in for about 45 minutes, and only just now have they told me what actually happened. CNN and MSNBC are busy interviewing MPs inside the buildings, who have no clue what's going on. Oddly, FOX finally gave me the facts.

I find this happening more and more often when there's a major news story -- lots of trivial and peripheral reporting and interviews, but you often have to watch for an hour or more to piece together the actual story.

I find this happening more and more often when there's a major news story -- lots of trivial and peripheral reporting and interviews, but you often have to watch for an hour or more to piece together the actual story.

You mean like Saturday mornings, when the newscaster says, "One of the state's largest dams is in danger of giving way, threatening the lives and homes of hundreds of thousands of people. We'll tell you WHICH dam, but first let's go live to the third annual begging-for-money 5K run from Starbucks to Dunkin' Donuts in downtown Whogivesadamn." ?

People who sit in the parking lot with their blinker on, waiting for a parking space while the person loads their groceries, even though there was an open space 4 spots further away!

People who leave shopping carts in parking spaces, even though the cart return is about 12 feet away.

Bathrooms with tile floors and huge gaps under the door. Bonus if the bathroom is the only one in the house, and it's five feet from the dining room table where everyone is sitting.

While everyone is laughing and carrying on, you feel the regretful percolation of the tepid sauerkraut you ate for lunch, as it plummets through your intestinal tract. You slink out of the crowd and casually waltz into the bathroom, trying not to draw attention to yourself. With the door safely closed, you hurriedly sit down, hold on for dear life, and try your best to keep from being launched off the seat like a cabbage-laden water rocket. Just then, all the laughter beyond the door fades into a bemused silence, as everyone decides without a word, to move their jubilation to the living room...

Bathrooms with tile floors and huge gaps under the door. Bonus if the bathroom is the only one in the house, and it's five feet from the dining room table where everyone is sitting.

It's funny you mention this. There was a fast food place near my college (think it was Jack In the Box or Whataburger) and the restroom was just a small single unisex bathroom with one single door and was located right off the seating area. I hated the idea of going to the restroom with only that flimsy door between me and people eating 10 feet away. It bothered me so much that I still remember it and that's saying a lot!

How about radio "announcers" that tell me they're going to tell me about something in 3 minutes... or coming up next.
If you have something (potentially) interesting to tell, then tell me. Don't tell me you're going to tell me in 5 minutes. I might have just changed the station by then.

Reviews for things you're thinking of buying that only have the word great! as the review. Or the equally informative, "just the job!" I always start with the "greetin' faces" (crying faces) reviews as I call them. Some of them have hilariously unrealistic expectations.

I hate it when obsessed idiots chase me around, praising me for some skills they think I have, then expecting to free load free services from me because they're too lazy and stupid to do it themselves, and/or think I'm making a lot of money in the stock market and wanting to borrow 40 or 50 thousand dollars from me, because supposedly I only have this ability to make money with stocks and I'm the only one with money to invest.

Last edited:
I hate it when obsessed idiots chase me around, praising me for some skills they think I have, then expecting to free load free services from me because they're too lazy and stupid to do it themselves, and/or think I'm making a lot of money in the stock market and wanting to borrow 40 and 50 thousand dollars from me, because supposedly I only have this ability to make money with stocks and I'm the only one with money to invest.
Send me a PM. I have a little deal you're really going to want to hear about. :D

Traffic lights that are set to give one street priority over the intersecting street, causing a jam, the light is not even green for 30 seconds while the priority gets at least a minute or more.

How about the "WALK" signs that automatically function without anyone waiting for the crosswalk?

We have a big problem with this where I live (I know, First World Problems!)

It's just a drag when you have to sit and wait for basically nothing.

Back to the news ... I'm right now watching coverage of the shooting incident at the Parliament buildings. I've been tuned in for about 45 minutes, and only just now have they told me what actually happened. CNN and MSNBC are busy interviewing MPs inside the buildings, who have no clue what's going on. Oddly, FOX finally gave me the facts.

Back in the good ol' days, when CNN was new, it used to be 24 hour NEWS. There is almost no place you can go (seriously, NONE on TV) to get the top story without waiting through an hour of drivel. MY FIL tells me to watch Fox News so I can 'learn what's going on'. I tell him there is very little actual NEWS going on and a lot of people YAKKING about the news.

DishNetwork, in their movie info, recently started adding a short pitch before going into the movies premise... which ends up getting trimmed so you can't tell what it even about. It's unbelievably stupid.

Ads usually on google that say something like "Amazing health benefits if you eat this for a month". It's usually a combination of three vile tasting ingedients. There seems to be a lot of them on you tube too. How does searching for Frank Sinatra interviews bring that crap up? :dunno:

Back
Top Bottom