Pioneer SX 990 lights/bulbs replacement help.

with the master switch on,setting your meter to the ac volts position,do you have power to the fuse for the lights? it should read about 7.5vac to chassis ground. look on the back panel near the serial number and tell me the model code you have it will be a letter code fsaw,fvw,fvzw,,kcu.kuw,or,nbw

Last edited:
with the master switch on,setting your meter to the ac volts position,do you have power to the fuse for the lights? it should read about 7.5vac to chassis ground. look on the back panel near the serial number and tell me the model code you have it will be a letter code fsaw,fvw,fvzw,,kcu.kuw,or,nbw
Thanks John. It is a KUW. I'VE packed up for the night. I will try that tomorrow and report back

Looking inside mine (which happens to be on the bench) all the grounds for the selector switch gang together in a huge nasty un-pioneer mess of solder and wires right behind it. Pretty sure this was not a repair..

I'd check there for a loose wire. are you getting continuity to ground at the lamps?
come to think of it i haven't read the schematic recently, that might not be ground, but power.

And here is the page in the schematic with the KUW in it.

Attachments

• Pioneer SX990 Schematic.KUW pdf.pdf
    164.8 KB · Views: 4
sx990 top view.jpg And here are top and bottom views. I am new to this so how would I "do you have power to the fuse for the lights?"

Attachments

• sx990 bottom view.jpg
    sx990 bottom view.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 4
Sorry to hijack a bit, lurking on this and my unit is a KLM... what do these codes mean?

sx990 bottom view.jpg so i have my multimeter set to 600 v, and I put the black on the chassis and the red on which end of the fuse? I get 00.7 when I touch the left side and 0.0 when I touch hje right side of the fuse the one under transformer on the top left (under the blue and yellow wires).

Last edited:
When I measure the 2 fuses to the right of the transformer I get 045 when I touch the top and 045 when I touch the bottom of the fuse on top,...I get 045 when I touch the top and 045 when I touch the bottom of the fuse on the bottom,

When I measure the fuse to the bottom left of the transformer(with the yellow wires going to it) I get 001 on top and 001 on bottom.

set your meter to a lower ac scale. REFER TO THE SCHEMATIC and at the top FIND THE PLUG, AC from the outlet.read down .you will notice the con venience out lets that are the back of the set. with the switch on read THE SWITCHED OUTLET IT SHOULD READ LINE VOLTAGE. if YES, you must find and check the TWO fuses in series this set has for the ac input. they are "down stream" from the switch. IF the switched outlet reads ZERO you have a problem with the master switch or no power to it. un plug it and follow the wires if necessary and stay away from any caps that might be charged.put probes in the socket dont try read to ground

Last edited:
I have the multimeter set on 200v and the reading I get on the fuse connected to the switched plug is 1.5 on the side closest to the plug and 1.5 on the other end also.

I have the multimeter set on 200v and the reading I get on the next fuse in line is 7.9 at the side closest to the plug and 1.5 on the other end also.o nada at the other end. So something is wrong wit this fuse correct?

i say again, read the switched outlet plugged in with the master switch on. read it like like you would a wall outlet NOT TO GROUND

BOOM LET THERE BE LIGHT. That fuse was bad now I have lights on the unit. I will button it up for the night and fire it up tomorrow.

BIG THANKS TO jOHN N LOUDNOISES FOR YOUR HELP.

Back
Top Bottom