Your Latest Additions (LP)......

Direct order from Music Matters, people here got me hooked...

7gg3onww.jpg

Bought today all 2nd hand.
LP,Fairport Convention-The History of,
LP,BOC,Tyranny and Mutation,
12" Donna Summer-State of Independence,
12"Kylie Confide In Me,
Got a good deal all for £13.
Last week,
Anna Von Hasswolff-The Miraculous a three sided album new £20,I heartily recommend this The Guardian reviewed it as Folk Metal and its not always an easy listen,I wouldn't go anywhere near it in the dark.
BUT,she recorded it on a 9000 pipe church organ,theres a fantastic full sound going on.
A few years ago I saw Eels play Bridgewater Hall in Manchester,It hosts an organ that is immense and at the end of their set E played a few bars on it.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...olff-the-miraculous-review-impossibly-intense

Last edited:
All are really fine records from the 70s that I need to go back and re-visit. I just listened to the Pablo Cruise 'Worlds Away' and 'A Place In The Sun' over the weekend and just enjoyed and remember how much I enjoyed that band. Keep scouring for more great LPs. ;-)

When this LP arrived, I put it on straight after giving it a look over to check for scatches and marks. There was two marks and it was a bit dirty. I did not expect the quieter passages to be click free. And the silent parts like the run in at the start to be completely silent! I've bought brand new records with quite a few clicks. Great for a 1984 record.
IMG_1790.JPG

Last edited:
cddy%20fr%20dddy.jpg
cddy%20fr%20dddy%202.jpg

Hank Mobley / A Caddy For Daddy
1966 Blue Note
2016 Blue Note (reissue; 180 gram)

Bought this album at the "Half Price Books" 50% off sale yesterday, with my 50% off coupon!

picked up pink floyd the FINAL CUT. It was disappointing. I had never heard it before. It was too much a Roger waters album. Although I really like Amused to Death. Go figure!

picked up pink floyd the FINAL CUT. It was disappointing. I had never heard it before. It was too much a Roger waters album. Although I really like Amused to Death. Go figure!
I just played it yesterday actually.....it is more roger but Gilmour did have some of his most "emotional" work in my opinion. Its not a record I play all the time.....Amused to death is one of the greatest albums I've ever listened to.....

Back
Top Bottom