Fisher Roll Call: Whatcha' Got ?

Vendo; Those blue caps were originally Green. the amps were used as traffic lights in LA before the advent of the yellow caution light. :):)

Just added this gem to my small Fisher collection here in Switzerland.

An early version x-202, with EFB, restored and modified by Dave Gillespie.
It even came with the original owner's manual, which I will scan for the AK database.
Dave did a fantastic job, and his patience and support for a client with no background in electronics was much appreciated.
It was featured in his thread: Turning Down the Fisher X-202
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/turning-down-the-fisher-x-202.757457/
Fisher x-202 early version AK.jpg
I also have the later version Fisher x-202, with EFB, again restored and modified by Dave Gillespie.
It sounds absolutely superb with my EV Interface D's and Ayon Audio S-5 tube network player, even in my small room at home.
It was featured in this thread by Dave, Adding DC Bias/Balance Test Points to the X-202
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....est-points-to-the-x-202.733937/#post-10026848
Fisher x-202 late version AK.jpg
Last but not least is my Fisher 1800, which is getting less playing time these days because of the x-202, but is forever a favorite of mine.
- Lithography (Tom )

Fisher 1800 AK.jpg

Lithography, those are the nicest 202's I've ever seen, you'll enjoy those for many years to come. Dave went thru all my Fishers as well and they sound just great. Congrats and enjoy! AL

Thanks Al for the compliments. It is nice to know that they were done justice with taking them to Dave, who transformed these two x-202 into something truly special. I will enjoy them everyday, one at home, and one in my printmaking studio for as long as I'm around. Greetings from Bern, Tom

Throw in two more X202B's a 500C and an Allegro console, I'll be up to date...
This is a moving day picture(didn't trust the movers)IMG_1875.jpg

Just added this gem to my small Fisher collection here in Switzerland.

An early version x-202, with EFB, restored and modified by Dave Gillespie.
It even came with the original owner's manual, which I will scan for the AK database.
Dave did a fantastic job, and his patience and support for a client with no background in electronics was much appreciated.
It was featured in his thread: Turning Down the Fisher X-202
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/turning-down-the-fisher-x-202.757457/
View attachment 895092
I also have the later version Fisher x-202, with EFB, again restored and modified by Dave Gillespie.
It sounds absolutely superb with my EV Interface D's and Ayon Audio S-5 tube network player, even in my small room at home.
It was featured in this thread by Dave, Adding DC Bias/Balance Test Points to the X-202
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....est-points-to-the-x-202.733937/#post-10026848
View attachment 895098
Last but not least is my Fisher 1800, which is getting less playing time these days because of the x-202, but is forever a favorite of mine.
- Lithography (Tom )

View attachment 895101

Absolutely beautiful! Not easy to find X202's in that condition and all restored by the master himself :thumbsup:

It's the meds. The Dr's. put me on a new one to calm me down when the kids shoot off fire-works, or cars backfire, called KICKASSINOL!:naughty: 1000mg take one a day. And it comes with it's own T-SHIRT.

I would strongly suggest you start a thread on the 700-T. You'll get more direct answers than on this thread. In the mean time...................................

If you want to check it out, Use a DIM BULB TESTER with a 75W bulb for the 1st power up and any subsequent power ups when the bulb stays bright. Take lots of pictures underneath from different angles of anything you work on. No if's, and's or butts about it! You'll tend to make mistakes if you don't. The only protection system in it is the speaker fuses. So GO SLOW. Check every Radial and axial electrolytic in it. If you see signs of bulging, leakage (and it has rubber sealed axial Frako's) replace the cap without fail. This is before you POWER UP. The manual comes in 2 versions. 10001-19999 and 30001-39999. Get the one that corresponds to your unit.

If you want someone to work on it, we'll need your location in the profile so we can recommend someone near to you or someone on that side of the country.

I would strongly suggest you start a thread on the 700-T. You'll get more direct answers than on this thread. In the mean time...................................

If you want to check it out, Use a DIM BULB TESTER with a 75W bulb for the 1st power up and any subsequent power ups when the bulb stays bright. Take lots of pictures underneath from different angles of anything you work on. No if's, and's or butts about it! You'll tend to make mistakes if you don't. The only protection system in it is the speaker fuses. So GO SLOW. Check every Radial and axial electrolytic in it. If you see signs of bulging, leakage (and it has rubber sealed axial Frako's) replace the cap without fail. This is before you POWER UP. The manual comes in 2 versions. 10001-19999 and 30001-39999. Get the one that corresponds to your unit.

If you want someone to work on it, we'll need your location in the profile so we can recommend someone near to you or someone on that side of the country.
Im in northern wi. Near Mpls- st paul. Thanks so much

The only protection system in it is the speaker fuses.

Actually, CR851-CR854 provide some protection. It will limit the output transistors to about 7.3 amps. They might actually carry that long enough to blow the fuses before the transistors.

I had a 500C about 40 years ago. My father in law gave it to me, but when we moved he talked me into leaving it in a closet. I think he was afraid he might have to lift it again. That 500C replaced a 450T I bought when I was still in high school in 1972. I was driving Electro-Voice SP15TRXII 15" coaxial with a mocified T-350 tweeter mounted coaxially in a 15" woofer with a massive motor structure, die cast basket, cloth surrounds. Built the cabinets from EV plans. I now have an early X202 integrated amp (7189 outputs) and a 400 receiver as a daily driver. I drive Vandersteen 2ce Signatatures with no problems at all. Soundstage and imaging are stunning. Low end authority is surprising. Vandersteens don't play exceptionally loud but they play as loud as I would ever want to listen, and louder than my wife would.

Back
Top Bottom