Humble system in progress

Jcrump

Hi folks,

I figured i would share my setup and see what you guys think.

Pioneer PL-518 TT
Pioneer GR 470 EQ
Technics SL- P220 CD Player
Pioneer SX - 6 Receiver / (Soon to be replaced with a recapped concept 5.5 )
Pioneer CSG 303 pair speakers / (looking for polk 7b monitor)

I mostly play records and I'm looking to upgrade my stereo as the money will allow me to. New speakers are mostly what i want to upgrade next. Unfortunately, I live in an apartment with tons of windows but for now this is the best I got.

Thanks for checking it out!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RLGmzz]
[/url]

Very cool set-up!!!!

....and welcome to AK!! ....you're already on the up-grade path - be careful it can be addictive!!
But of course no-one on AK knows anything about that!! :rflmao:

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I like the Pioneer receiver. I have the x-50 from 1982. I've had it 35 yrs and still working well. Nice system

Sure does! Although, I do want a new stylus for the TT
The pioneer pl518 came with a Pioneer PC135 cartridge and PN135 stylus. If your turntable still has these you can get a replacement at LP Gear on line. They have two different replacements, you'll have to take a look and see which one best matches yours. They run 23.95 and 24.95.

Nice!

Very good. Welcome aboard... just don't become infected with the audioholic compulsive gear hoarding disorder....lol

Watch out for this guy!

No kidding, he's amazing!

Has one of the best sounding systems here and I haven't even heard it.

Welcome to the strange jungle.

Last edited:
So a little update, I got the concept up and running after Casper at stereo rehab in Chicago did some fine work restoring this thing.

After playing various albums on my tt and flipping through the radio and cds I've come to the conclusion I either haven't hooked up my external eq to properly eq everything that plays through the receiver or the concept just sounds way better without it !

Thanks for that compliment Stevo. You must be an Epi fan...lol Still dreaming of a pair of amps like Ds's Stax DMA X2 or Dazaa's NRG 401m's...lol
Best from up'ere in New Scotland. oh, nice hair cut... :thumbsup:

I think it would be best to ask a guy from Canada this question.

I have the opportunity to purchase either a pair of nearly mint mission 731i speakers or a pair of like new paradigm mini monitor v3's for 150 bucks .

Which would be the best take home?

Back
Top Bottom