What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

When you are in a hurry at the checkout and the customer in front of you can't get his credit card to work ... but insists on trying it just one more time.
Then pulls out another one and that doesn't work either ... "we'll that was shocking" ... NOT.

Bathrooms with tile floors and huge gaps under the door. Bonus if the bathroom is the only one in the house, and it's five feet from the dining room table where everyone is sitting.

While everyone is laughing and carrying on, you feel the regretful percolation of the tepid sauerkraut you ate for lunch, as it plummets through your intestinal tract. You slink out of the crowd and casually waltz into the bathroom, trying not to draw attention to yourself. With the door safely closed, you hurriedly sit down, hold on for dear life, and try your best to keep from being launched off the seat like a cabbage-laden water rocket. Just then, all the laughter beyond the door fades into a bemused silence, as everyone decides without a word, to move their jubilation to the living room...

It's even worse when there are two or more bathrooms, but someone always chooses the one by the kitchen. Hey, thanks for that!

How about the "WALK" signs that automatically function without anyone waiting for the crosswalk?

We have a big problem with this where I live (I know, First World Problems!)

It's just a drag when you have to sit and wait for basically nothing.

During the past couple of years, I've noticed that when I see someone walking across a busy intersection, the hand is almost always lit up meaning don't walk.

If you are going to ignore the signal light, why not cross in the middle of the block where cars are only coming from one direction?

...why not cross in the middle of the block where cars are only coming from one direction?

RE: Crossing in middle of the block

It is State law here that vehicles are to stop for pedestrians in the crosswalk, or on the curb with intent to cross.

If they are in the middle of the block/not in a marked crosswalk there is no obligation to stop for someone that is waiting to cross. Of course that doesn't mean they're fair game to run over, but there is no (legal) obligation to hold up your show for them.

During the past couple of years, I've noticed that when I see someone walking across a busy intersection, the hand is almost always lit up meaning don't walk.

I look upon the flashing don't walk on a green light as advice, not a command, and ignore it when I'll make it across the street on the green.

When you are in a hurry at the checkout and the customer in front of you can't get his credit card to work ... but insists on trying it just one more time.
Then pulls out another one and that doesn't work either ... "we'll that was shocking" ... NOT.
...and then they write a check to pay for their scratch off lottery tickets.

Or the guy at the gas station that buys two packs of cigarettes and puts three dollars worth of gas in his car.

Or the guy at the gas station that buys two packs of cigarettes and puts three dollars worth of gas in his car.

I knew a guy who used to work at an inner city gas station as a college kid. There were these guys who would come in and ask for "Twogallaunlead, mellayella anna packaKoo." For those who need a translation, that's two gallons of unleaded, a Mello Yello and a pack of Kools. :smoke:

my pet peeve right now is that ive got a cold and my ears are all stuffed up and i cant hear right. so im constantly messing with my EQ trying to make it sound at least half normal. Ugh i got 15kHz all the way at +12dB and i can just barely hear it :(

I hear you with the cold! I have a bad one for the last week, and I´m no where near through with it. My ears are also totally clogged, but I just listen as usual, without EQ. Probably a little louder, though :)

Probably been stated already, but people that insist on barging in to go thru the records when you're already there. I'm normally cordial about it, but the other day some dude started going thru and he smelled like he shit his pants, then came the coughing and sniffling. I said f*** it out loud and walked away.

Last edited:
Here's one, The newspaper I read consistently finds it necessary to elaborate the following : ".......ISIS also known as ISIL ......". I have only a limited amount of time on this earth and I'd rather get straight to the point rather than suffer the 1000th lesson that ISIS = ISIL . While I'm on the subject of journalism , how many " allegedly' s can we have in the same story? "The alleged thief allegedly made his alleged escape in an alleged Honda Civic " !!!??!

But here's a mangled metaphor that brought a smile to my face just yesterday. My favorite news anchor said last night that " [something] is not exactly BRAIN SCIENCE ". Mixing BRAIN SURGERY and ROCKET SCIENCE . Way to go Lester, ( he's a sport ) won't hold it against him

Couple:

People who park in the fire lane at stores when there are spaces just a few feet away. I have seen people parallel park in between the "No Parking: Fire Lane" signs. Usually enormous SUV.

When I am standing in line being checked out at grocery store and the person behind comes and stands right up next to me. Go stand back there with your cart, I promise I will leave the second the cashier is done with me.

Calling 'jumbo shrimp' an oxymoron. No, it isn't. For it to be, the word "shrimp" would have to literally mean 'small'. It doesn't. It's a shellfish that is slang for small.

For some reason, when people are talking about their pets and they refer to them by name it always feels like they do it just so they can share the unique/cool (in their mind, anyway) name they gave it.

Tattoos strategically placed so just a hint of it shows. Like a guy on forearm. They then wear their clothes so we can notice, but only just barely. They still show off their goofy ink, but looks like they were trying to hide it - you know, cause they got it just for themselves.

Last edited:
Tattoos strategically placed so just a hint of it shows. Like a guy on forearm. They then wear their clothes so we can notice, but only just barely. They still show off their goofy ink, but looks like they were trying to hide it - you know, cause they got it just for themselves.

I thought I was the only one that felt this way. It can be 20 degrees outside, but that chick has to wear a haltertop to show off the crap quality tattoo. BTW, Colorado Springs is the hackjob tattoo capital of the country.

Re: allegedly: I've at least one friend who lost his job at a newspaper when the accused's lawyers sued for six figures when he used the wrong terminology...provided by the police reports. That said, there are synonyms, if there are enough copy editors on the job, given the economics of the current suffucation of professional journalism.
Overzealous copy editors following policy often insist on redundant clarifications such as Isis/ Isil or otherlanguage understood by an eighth-grader, but not by a third-grader.
Here's one, The newspaper I read consistently finds it necessary to elaborate the following : ".......ISIS also known as ISIL ......". I have only a limited amount of time on this earth and I'd rather get straight to the point rather than suffer the 1000th lesson that ISIS = ISIL . While I'm on the subject of journalism , how many " allegedly' s can we have in the same story? "The alleged thief allegedly made his alleged escape in an alleged Honda Civic " !!!??!

But here's a mangled metaphor that brought a smile to my face just yesterday. My favorite news anchor said last night that " [something] is not exactly BRAIN SCIENCE ". Mixing BRAIN SURGERY and ROCKET SCIENCE . Way to go Lester, ( he's a sport ) won't hold it against him

Resalable (zip lock) food packages where the zipper is stronger than the plastic.

Writing "FRAGILE" on a record box, only to receive it bent like a taco.

Hiding the maraschino cherries in the grocery store so I can't find them (my Old-Fashioned needs them, damnit!)

Hotel Hangers.

Silverware with handles that are WAY too heavy.

The yellow bumpy patch outside of Target between the store and my car.

The total bullsh$t car dealers "Administration Fee" add to the price of a car, and the pinnacle of stealership, "Nitrogen Fee" to add nitrogen to your tires. Makes me mad enough to smack everyone's Grandmother in the mouth.

Back
Top Bottom