Baltimore people - anyone used Just Audio in Parkville?

N8Nagel

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Have several pieces needing repair

Marantz 4270 - no RR channel (preamp issue)
Luxman R-1120 - one channel faint an uncontrolled by volume (believe also preamp)
Harman/Kardon 330c - deoxited the controls, and it never powered up again - go figure!

I think all of these are over my head although I'm still picking away at the Marantz as I have ideas, had been taking stuff to Brett in Falls Church but it's less convenient for me now that I'm working in Beltsville.

Have several pieces needing repair

Marantz 4270 - no RR channel (preamp issue)
Luxman R-1120 - one channel faint an uncontrolled by volume (believe also preamp)
Harman/Kardon 330c - deoxited the controls, and it never powered up again - go figure!

I think all of these are over my head although I'm still picking away at the Marantz as I have ideas, had been taking stuff to Brett in Falls Church but it's less convenient for me now that I'm working in Beltsville.
Hi, I would recommend Soundscape Audio in Baltimore. Ask for John Dorsey & tell him Nick Huppert referred you. Let me know!

Well, I've sold the Luxman, gave away the 330c, and had a friend drop off the 4270 at Just Audio for me a few weeks ago... but it's always good to know another option!

Just audio does have a good rep. I have only bought used pieces from them and find them very friendly and helpful. They will have a table at Capital AUDIOFEST NOV 2-4 Rockville MD

Seeing this late, but adding comment for those curious: JustAudio is amazing. Super friendly, great customer service, knowledgeable techs, and fair pricing. They fixed my HH Scott LK-150 and my Decware ZKIT tube amps. I also found--amongst their large selection--an audiophile CD player for a great price that I was having trouble even finding on eBay and USAudioMart. I'm coming from Bethesda, so it's a trek on their limited weekend hours, but it's always worth the trip.

Coming in EXTREMELY late on this conversation...
I've been a customer of Soundscape for decades. Great people.
And Just Audio is another marvelous place with whom to deal. I live just a few blocks down the street from them and have done much buying and trading with them.

Even later - Thanks to 13Stoploss’ recommendation, I just had Just Audio replace 8 power electrolytic capacitors and they did a great job at a fair price.

Back
Top Bottom