Thorens TD145MK
Thorens TD160
Garrard AT6
Marantz 6100
Marantz 6200
Marantz 6300
Technics SL-D2
Technics 1301

I have a few others but they are just sitting on shelves. My Favs are the Thorens Obviously followed very closely by the AT6. I have had my SL-D2 for more years than I care to admit and it has served me very well. I had to retire it to the shelf when one of the kids got to it with a marker. Lets just say I was not a happy camper at all !!!! some day I hope to have a Mitchel Gyro Deck. and maybe even an Oracle. For now I am very content with my small collection.

Dave

Technics SLQD 33....I Just recently had purchased a Shure RXT5 Cart and an EV needle. They sound sweet together. Cart and Stylus were purchased seperately on ebay for under 40 bucks. And that aint bad!!!!!!

Last edited:
Some people used to brag that they had Dual turntables (sorry, I couldn't help that) :p: but some of you like Grumpy have 8+. This sounds like plenty of emergency backup in case of a failure. :)

Rob[/Some people used to brag that they had Dual turntables (sorry, I couldn't help that) ]
I have a DUAL 1245 I got new, back in 1975. I wished it still worked. The tonearm is messed up. Otherwise it's been a great unit.

Hooked her up just today. Got this baby from my brother in law yesterday for $700 bucks. A Technics SL-1200 MK2. My old girlfriend was a Technics SL QD 33 with a Shure Realistic RXT5 Cart and an EV stylus,,,,which kicked ass too, if i may.

This newest addition has a new Shure V15 IV Cart with a Jico Sas Stylus. A newly upgraded tone arm, an upgraded mat, upgraded feet. Tonearm dampening tray loaded halfway with dampening silicone. Good set of upgraded Audio and Ground wires. Yes Im currently in vinyl heaven.

For what its worth, My old SLQD 33 seems to have a better and warmer bass response. Not sure why. Anyhow im not giving up my old girlfriend. Was she worth $700. Im sure she is. The dustcover on my new acquisition needs to be restored. As he sprayed the top with a spray mat finish. Ugh.....

20170329_134121.jpg 20170329_134144.jpg
20170329_140213.jpg
20170329_140241.jpg

Last edited:
Hooked her up just today. Got this baby from my brother in law yesterday for $700 bucks. A Technics SL-1200 MK2. My old girlfriend was a Technics SL QD 33 with a Shure Realistic RXT5 Cart and an EV stylus,,,,which kicked ass too, if i may.

This newest addition has a new Shure V15 IV Cart with a Jico Sas Stylus. A newly upgraded tone arm, an upgraded mat, upgraded feet. A dampening tray loaded halfway with dampening silicone. Good set of upgraded Audio and Ground wires. Yes Im currently in vinyl heaven.

For what its worth, My old SLQD 33 seems to have a better and warmer bass response. Not sure why. Anyhow im not giving up my old girlfriend. Was she worth $700. Im sure she is. The dustcover on my new acquisition needs to be restored. As he sprayed the top with a spray mat finish. Ugh.....

View attachment 898779 View attachment 898781
View attachment 898789
View attachment 898790

That is a nice looking table.

Thank you. She is a nice heavy deck too I may add. Still have to get used to it. My previous deck a SLQD33 w the RXT5 cart had an unreal warm 70s sound. This not as warm and punchy on the lows.

That was pretty much the exact path that I took. No idea what I had on my QD33, but I went from that to a 1200MK2 with an Ortofon 2M Red which turned into a Blue a couple of years ago. I love it!

That was pretty much the exact path that I took. No idea what I had on my QD33, but I went from that to a 1200MK2 with an Ortofon 2M Red which turned into a Blue a couple of years ago. I love it!

Very Cool....Im going to utilize both tables now via AV RCA switch box. As my SLQD33 still sounds sweet and warm with that RXT5 Cart and EV needle. It seems to sound warmer and bassier then my SL1200. What gives. Lol

Very Cool....Im going to utilize both tables now via AV RCA switch box. As my SLQD33 still sounds sweet and warm with that RXT5 Cart and EV needle. It seems to sound warmer and bassier then my SL1200. What gives. Lol

You need to play around with the dampening silicone fluid. Pick out a track that has bass and vocals. Use an uncoiled paperclip for this. Add a pinch more fluid. See how it sounds. If it sounds more muddy, you have too much. Too little fluid and you'll get thinner sound. Don't use the dampen brush on the Shure if it has one. That's too much dampening! You'll have to readjust the tracking force without using the Shure dampening brush. I don't think you are using the correct amount of silicone fluid. Every cartridge needs a different amount (level)! When you have the correct fluid level the vocals should be more intimate (closer). Bass should have more authority, sound stage widens with the correct amount of fluid too.

Back
Top Bottom