Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Got a Marantz SD4000 3 head deck I have just recapped...All went good except 1 channel will not record on the tape...Meters SHOW a signal being recorded but when played back,,nothing...Play back works excellent on tapes I have recorded and other tapes...Meters work as they should...Checked all caps again and wires going to head(s).All good..recording level knob to adjust meters during recording will adjust the meters during recording to set level..Heads were cleaned w/91% alcohol and demaged.. Went back and traced EVERY WIRE and none loose...Also cleaned new solded caps with alchol.. It recorded B4 I recapped. I am stumped...Any wisdom,experience and solutions would be greatly appreciated...:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Did a few searches on AK in regards to cleaning and did a few things:

• Soaked all knobs in simple green / water solution overnight, ratio approximately 1 simple green to 15/20? water
  • Did first cleaning of faceplate with same simple green concoction and used an old toothbrush to scrub it, also scrubbed knobs with toothbrush
  • Final faceplate cleaning was with mr clean magic eraser dipped in a tiny bit of rubbing alcohol, then rubbed away.
  • Rinsed off faceplate and dried, good as new.

Did a few searches on AK in regards to cleaning and did a few things:

• Soaked all knobs in simple green / water solution overnight, ratio approximately 1 simple green to 15/20? water
  • Did first cleaning of faceplate with same simple green concoction and used an old toothbrush to scrub it, also scrubbed knobs with toothbrush
  • Final faceplate cleaning was with mr clean magic eraser dipped in a tiny bit of rubbing alcohol, then rubbed away.
  • Rinsed off faceplate and dried, good as new.

Awesome! I've got one that needs cleaning too.

On the bench
20150311_202854_zpsvcdbttls.jpg

2215 (X2)
2216 (engraved, champ. If memory serves)
2230 (restored, wood cab)
2252 (restored, wood cab)
2270(restored)
1060 (restored)

Nice job Ernst! As mentioned, check out a product called "magic eraser" by Mr Clean. Used carefully it works very well.

Dear friends,
This is my first post in this wonderful forum.
I am from Bombay, India and a proud owner of lovely Marantz 1060.
I have purchased this amp three years ago in perfect working condition. Apart from some crackling noise ( vanished after pot cleaning ) was nothing major problem arised till yesterday. Today I have connected with my saba two way speakers ( 5 ohms) after a month gap. After one hour playing suddenly a big strange distortion sound came from both speakers. I immediately switched off the amp. After few minutes I connected with other different speakers. Huge distortion sound came from those speakers too when I switched on.

I removed the bottom plate of the amp and checked the caps and found that the orange Square size suppression capasiter ( connected to on/off switch) is looks swallown condition
As I did not have any technical knowledge it is very difficult to understand what happened to my lovely amp.
Pls guide me to rectify the fault and start to sing again. Your kind help will be much appreciated.
Regards,
shafic

Attachments

• IMG_20170417_162443.jpg
    IMG_20170417_162443.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20170417_162424.jpg
    IMG_20170417_162424.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 50
Found 2 very large Fedex boxes when i got home, i wonder whats inside? Damn im going to the Twins game tonight so they will have to wait.Stay tuned

So i have been looking for a nice pair of Marantz HD 770 speakers for over 4 years and i finally found a mint pair and the seller did this, shipped in single box with peanuts no corner protection, i didnt even bother opening the second one. they are going back what a F#CK#NG shame :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Bottom front left-------------- top rear right

20170421_164750 (450x800).jpg 20170421_223424 (450x800).jpg

Last edited:
So i have been looking for a nice pair of Marantz HD 770 speakers for over 4 years and i finally found a mint pair and the seller did this, shipped in single box with peanuts no corner protection, i didnt even bother opening the second one. they are going back what a F#CK#NG shame :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Bottom front left-------------- top rear right

View attachment 914264 View attachment 914457
Ouch! I freaking HATE peanuts!!

Sorry to hear about this Chris, hopefully you get refunded in full!

Ouch! I freaking HATE peanuts!!

Sorry to hear about this Chris, hopefully you get refunded in full!

Fedex is picking them up tomorrow seller is doing an insurance claim, said he would give me full refund when they are picked up. i just hate to see nice things get damaged, he is blaming fedex but he is the one that packed it like that ,idiot. Yes i hate peanuts too ive had a couple of receivers get damaged because they were single boxed with peanuts, the scariest was my model 19 it was packed well and not with peanuts but it was in the wood case and the seller didnt have the mounting screws attached, there is a couple of inches around the receiver with that case and it was bouncing around inside, luckily it only broke off the front molding of the case which i glued back on. the receiver could easily of been trashed

20160315_155420.jpg 20151014_180444.jpg 20151014_180537.jpg

Picked up a new dress for my 2285B, ripped it right open and put it on, thats how i roll - aint she pretty and she sounds pretty sweet too ( recap last year)

got this NOS WC-122 from one of our own awesome AKer's macyjrm

20170427_185626 (800x450).jpg 20170426_205342 (800x450).jpg

Back
Top Bottom