Your Last Concert (or two)

Great sound last night at Bitterzoet for the concert. High energy act, though I wish they played a bit longer.

Went to Acoustic Hot Tuna last night at the smaller recital hall at Benaroya Hall here in Seattle. Just Jorma and Jack on stage for an evening of acoustic blues. It was fantastic!

16819311_10158211109330514_9003845080754899837_o.jpg
16807348_10158209571375514_1452358963602100860_n.jpg
Delfeayo Marsalis Mark Gross Benito Gonzales Corey Rawls Joris Teepe
Clements Place Rutgers Newark Last Saturday

Last edited:
WILLIE NELSON & FAMILY........DWIGHT YOAKUM BAND.....MARCH 4 2017.....AT POMPANO BEACH AMPHITHEATER.....IT WAS A BEAUIFUL NIGHT UNDER THE STARS THE MUSIC FLOWED & EVERYONE BOOGIED TO THE FINE PICKIN & RIFFS!

032317121029.jpg 032317124600.jpg

Organist Radam Schwartz and his group present a tribute to Sparky J's and the Key Club

Thursday, March 23, 2017 12:pm Rutgers University

Kasey Chambers, Australian singer-songwriter, at the Birchmere, Alexandria, VA. I had never heard of her, but a friend had a spare ticket. This gal is a great songwriter with some terrific pipes - Emmylou meets Dolly Parton meets Lucinda Williams. From what I gather, she's a superstar in Australia with a cult following here.

Last week: Amos Lee
Tonight: Lil' Ed and The Blues Imperials
Sunday: Nitty Grittty Dirt Band
April: Los Lonely Boys, Buddy Guy/The Rides,Jonny Lang
May: Tom Petty &The Heartbreakers/Joe Walsh (2)

March 25, 2017, BMO Harris Bradley Center, Milwaukee WI.

Susto
Kaleo
The Lumineers - Cleopatra World Tour

Just saw The English Beat at The Waiting Room in Omaha, Nebraska. I hadn't heard much from them over the last decade, but used to hear them once in a while back in the day. Much Fun! They were great and seemed to have a really good time playing for the people who showed up on a Thursday night. For those that don't know of them - mix of Ska, Reggae, Rock and a little Punk. The Waiting Room sounded pretty good for a small club. Crowd was really into the band - as much as a bunch of 60 year olds can be anymore... Opening band was The Bishops, but I missed them. Didn't get off work until 7:00 and they started at 8:00. I live 24 miles from work and about the same from Omaha - in a different direction.

Just now got an email for some kinda Steely Dan mega show thingee -
1 event in the west, one in the east
6 bands, 2 nights, 1 ticket! (some pretty pricey ticket fees!!)

Steely Dan, Doobies, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Journey, Earth, Wind & Fire

http://theclassicwest.com/ - July 15 - 16 in LA at Dodger Stadium

http://theclassiceast.com/ - July 29 - 30 in NYC at Citifield

Too rich for my blood -

I got tickets for Joe Jackson (& Mavis Staple) in June and
in July, Moody Blues with orchestra 50th Anniversary of Days of Future passed (!)
Both shows at Wolf Trap Farm Park here in Vienna VA

I got tickets for Joe Jackson (& Mavis Staple) in June and
in July, Moody Blues with orchestra 50th Anniversary of Days of Future passed (!)
Both shows at Wolf Trap Farm Park here in Vienna VA

There are a couple of other interesting shows at Wolf Trap this summer. Elvis Costello (playing Imperial Bedroom) with Imelda May. Also, Lucinda Williams with Mary Chapin Carpenter. My Morning Jacket and Gary Clark, Jr. are together at Merriweather.

This is the Live Nation vs AEG cash grab. Remember Journey is a cover band, and who's going to replace Glenn Fry? So another cover band cooked up by Irving Azoff and his Evil Empire.
None of them are MY STYLE- and I prefer older Fwood Mac -
tho we did see Dukes of September a few years back and Steely Dan about a year later ...

But money grab is about right - some of the ticket prices are well over $2k ... WELL over!!

Back
Top Bottom