What's Pioneer in your rig?

Thanks!...I don't think it looks very good in the shelves, but I am working on making a custom rack system to look like the old school days. Original Pioneer racks and handles are going for crazy money. But it sounds great. I guess thats what counts, right?

Absolutely - sound counts. Everything else - looks/appearance of the rack - is on top. And it doesn't look bad at all, very technical:thumbsup:

Thanks Aileenamegan...always a work in progress. I really like the reel to reel. It is fun to play with. Makes me feel like a 50's NASA scientist working on an Apollo mission!..awesome sound too. (Cue up Rocketman)

Took delivery of these today to add to my Pioneer collection ( Pioneer S-2EX), the only item I now need is a turntable and that is the Pioneer PL-90 so if anyone has one they wish to sell please let me know.
As for these speakers they are the best finish on a speaker I have ever seen and they are very heavy and solid, looking forward to connecting them up as I have never heard a TAD drive or Beryllium dual-concentric tweeter before and which I understand are quite rare on speakers.
YVqHCt1m.jpg

D9UXFfVm.jpg

rlxYl8gm.jpg

gFTQ2Hrm.jpg

fS6yhFAm.jpg

Currently listing to a Pioneer MU-41 with an AudioTechnica MkII Tone Arm and AT120e-g cartridge.

I'm halfway through restoring a Pioneer PL-41 and SM83 Tube Amplifier that will be a backup to the MU-41, this will give me a chance to "play" with different cartridges and maybe fit up a Syrinx PU2 Tome arm that is also being re-lifed.
The MU-41
P1060289_zpsrllwv8le.jpg

Last edited:
I sold my SX 636, but still have a nice SX 434 as well as a recent pickup, a TX 7500. Both are untouched but play like they were new.

We moved into a rental recently while looking for something else, This gave me a chance to move things around and take some things out of storage. Here's a mostly Pioneer system that's in a small bedroom/storage room.

P3280277.jpg

SX-750, PL-10, SR-202, QL-600, JVC SEA-10, Onkyo TA-630D, Yamaha CDX-550, And ESS Tempests and Mini Monitors

Took delivery of these today to add to my Pioneer collection ( Pioneer S-2EX), the only item I now need is a turntable and that is the Pioneer PL-90 so if anyone has one they wish to sell please let me know.
As for these speakers they are the best finish on a speaker I have ever seen and they are very heavy and solid, looking forward to connecting them up as I have never heard a TAD drive or Beryllium dual-concentric tweeter before and which I understand are quite rare on speakers.
YVqHCt1m.jpg

D9UXFfVm.jpg

rlxYl8gm.jpg

gFTQ2Hrm.jpg

fS6yhFAm.jpg
There are some very good reviews of those online.... Would love to hear a pair someday.

Thank you, I got this Pioneer from local classifieds.
And picked it up very quickly, I was lucky. You do not see this type very often, you're right.
On ebay it is usually rare and more expensive.

Sorry for the delay. The stands are reproductions of JBL stands. My woodworker son makes them among a lot of other things. I'll post a pic.....Speaker stands.jpg
Hi John401, Would you mind me asking what speaker stands you have under your CS-63DX's? I also have a pair of them stacked on a pair of Frazier Model Seven's and am very impressed with the sound.
Thanks.
Larry

I have a Pioneer SX-1000 TD Stereo Receiver in my bedroom hooked up to a set of Bose 501's and some vintage Utah's of unknown model number, and then my LCD Projector rig has a Pioneer TX-6200 Tuner that is mated with a Hitachi IA-600 amplifier.

I have the sx-650 which was my first real stereo back in the day , then a few years ago I bought the sx-1980. then more recently I parked the sx-1980 and bought a spec 1 preamp which is being powered by 2 Altec 9440 amps for my main system

Back
Top Bottom