Deftones - B-Sides & Rarities

upload_2017-4-3_13-28-47.png
Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
DAC: Audioquest DragonFly v1.2
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9250B

I was checking this out over the past two days, also. I think it's really rather impressive, and even though their past two albums have been great for sure, this feels like a return to form and is very respectful of their blood mountain era sound.. What did you think?

Absolutely love it. I have played "Show Yourself" many times since playing the whole album Sunday. Can't get enough. But the whole album is good. Not a single track I didn't like, and quite a few I LOVE.

I love Blood Mountain, Crack the Skye, and The Hunter. I thought Once More Round the Sun was OK, not great. This is much better. I think it's as good as Crack the Skye or The Hunter, in fact.

Absolutely love it. I have played "Show Yourself" many times since playing the whole album Sunday. Can't get enough. But the whole album is good. Not a single track I didn't like, and quite a few I LOVE.

I love Blood Mountain, Crack the Skye, and The Hunter. I thought Once More Round the Sun was OK, not great. This is much better. I think it's as good as Crack the Skye or The Hunter, in fact.
Good to hear. I'm glad you like Show Yourself, as I've heard folks say that's the weakest track, but I can't see why. Sure it's the poppiest, but nothing wrong with that. I reckon Stormbreather and Clandestiny are my favourites.

T
Deftones - B-Sides & Rarities

View attachment 902357
Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
DAC: Audioquest DragonFly v1.2
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9250B
This album does not get its proper props. It's kick ass. Specifically the Helmet Cover: Sinatra.

Since lots of people here both like Maiden and vinyl: The albums from 1990 on are going to be reissued on vinyl soon.
The release schedule:

5/19
Collector's Box

No Prayer For The Dying

Fear Of The Dark

The X Factor

Virtual XI

6/23
Brave New World

Rock In Rio (Live)

Dance Of Death

A Matter Of Life And Death

7/21
Death On The Road (Live)

Flight 666 (Live)

The Final Frontier

En Vivo! (Live)

The whole line up doesn't look that impressive, but I'm happy to finally get Brave New World and Rock In Rio on vinyl. Might pick up some of the other live records as well.
Most of these need a good remaster treatment, Sometimes It's like a pillow got stuck under my speaker grill. Been streaming Maiden for a long time for that reason. Some recent reissue's are better. Thanks for the heads up

Back
Top Bottom