What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

When you are listening to youtube, and it's merrily going from one good song to the next, then it makes a wrong turn onto a 2-hour-long crapfest live concert...

Or when you are listening to Pandora, and you really wish there was an "I hate this artist" , or "This artist has no business being associated with this genre" button. But no, I have to thumbs-down every one of their songs individually...

People on house buying programs who refer to what I'd call sitting rooms as "reception rooms". I think of a reception room as something you hold a reception in for a wedding. Or a room where a butler would say "please wait in here, sir, and I'll tell the master. It's only a four bedroom semi for goodness sake!

Words like juxtaposition irritate me. French phrases from english speaking people. Maybe I'm an inverted snob but it still irks me.

Scratch-off lottery tickets. Well, maybe not so much the tickets themselves, but the buyers who play the tickets at the checkout counter and sellers that don't have or don't enforce a "no playing at the counter" rule.

I have a pet-peeve about 80s sitcoms. All living rooms are arranged so that the family room has a floor-model TV with its back to the camera with a VCR on top. Sometimes they'll have a scene where one of the actors uses the VCR, and it's obviously not hooked up. That's always been a peeve of mine. They can't just throw in a piece of prop coax for me? lol

Good music brick walled on CD's. Sorry if mentioned before. In what universe with what device would they ever sound decent? Mad because I just got another one.

I have a pet-peeve about 80s sitcoms. All living rooms are arranged so that the family room has a floor-model TV with its back to the camera with a VCR on top. Sometimes they'll have a scene where one of the actors uses the VCR, and it's obviously not hooked up. That's always been a peeve of mine. They can't just throw in a piece of prop coax for me? lol
Which brings to mind bands performing "live" on a television show (like the old "Ed Sullivan Show") and you see the electric guitars not plugged in.

This one I experience on a regular basis. People who pick up an item from the shelf of a retail store and then do not put it back in the right place but instead place it in the spot with a sale sign. You quickly notice that the tag is not for the item you really wanted!

Going to look at magazines and seeing that lazy a$$, worthless POS humans, can't put them back in the right place. Wish I could beat them with a baseball bat till they cry for eternal forgiveness.

Which brings to mind bands performing "live" on a television show (like the old "Ed Sullivan Show") and you see the electric guitars not plugged in.

On the Sullivan show the acts performed live, which made for some interesting turns of events.

Last edited:
When you are in a hurry at the checkout and the customer in front of you can't get his credit card to work ... but insists on trying it just one more time.
Then pulls out another one and that doesn't work either ... "we'll that was shocking" ... NOT.

When they have to have their purchases split into multiple different transactions. You get one transaction and then you go to the back of the line.

I had a lady in front of me one day that had two bags of sunflower seeds and one of those cheap tall glass candles. She stopped the cashier and tried to make a tough decision as she talked it out with herself and eventually told the cashier she only wanted one of the bags of sunflower seeds and the candle and so she rang it up.
Then she got out her wallet and started digging around for money, because no need to get that ready while you are in line.
She finally paid and then paused and asked if she could split the payment for the 2nd bag of sunflower seeds between cash and a credit card. The cashier rang it up but the customer kept pushing the wrong button on the screen so they had to keep redoing it.
She finally got all that to go through and as she turned to leave she stopped, turned back and asked the cashier "What was that movie you and the last customer were talking about?"

"Girl, we couldn't get much higher ..."
They say that Ed always walked out and shook hands with the performer after they finished. That was the first (and only, I think) time he didn't. He just stood off to the side with his arms crossed.

Not a happy camper.

Husband creche signs outide pubs. I used to work in a pub which also has a cafe upstairs owned by the same company. I go in for a coffee when I'm down town but not any more. I see they have a sign like this. To say I'm angry is an under statement. I feel betrayed. If my former boss whom I get on well with meets me in the street months from now and asks why I've not been in for a while, I will have to have a rehearsed explanation so that it will be easier for me to keep calm.
IMG_1849.JPG

Keeping my shopping related theme going:

Stores that are really over zealous about their rewards programs or credit cards. I've shopped here before, I've heard the pitch, if I was interested I would have signed up.

If I say 'no thank you' then we are done. A couple cashiers at our Target just won't shut up about their credit card no matter how many times I say no. They just keep pausing on scanning items to tell us more about the credit card. It is bad enough they keep repeating the same pitch over and over but they stop working every time they do it!

I've pretty much stopped shopping at Sears because if you aren't a rewards member they blow a gasket.
After waiting in line for around 5 minutes we got to the register and the cashier decided to use his tablet to ring us up rather than the register that was right there. But the tablet just seemed to scan the item and bring up the web page for that item rather than running a total. He spent way too long trying to get it to work. Finally he gave up and switched to the register. Once it got to the membership phone number question he just kept asking 'are you sure you don't want to sign up'. After saying 'no thank you' several times it devolved into him looking at us like we were crazy and saying "I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to save money?" and he just stood there staring at us and not completing the transaction. I decided to really save money and left without the stuff.
The last visit to Sears back before Christmas went like this:
"phone number?"
- "we aren't in the rewards program"
"would you like to join"
- "no, not today"
"are you sure, it is free"
- "I'm sure"
"it doesn't cost anything, we just need a some basic information"
- "no"
"but I can save you money if you do"
- "no"
"I may have a coupon here we can use if you do"
- "no"
"how about a phone number for a friend or relative that may be in the program?"
As we walked out, leaving the item on the counter:
- "We just wanted to buy one thing, that's all. Why is that so hard?"
He yelled after us: "But I have to ask!"

do they flog these people if they don't get you to sign up?

And stores wonder why people go on-line for their shopping.

No, they just fire them for not making set quotas for signing up customers. Working retail sucks.

that's depressing. The disconnect between upper management and what the customers want is rediculous. Then they go on undercover boss and seem shocked to hear what the employees have been telling their bosses all along

Keeping my shopping related theme going:

Stores that are really over zealous about their rewards programs or credit cards. I've shopped here before, I've heard the pitch, if I was interested I would have signed up.

If I say 'no thank you' then we are done. A couple cashiers at our Target just won't shut up about their credit card no matter how many times I say no. They just keep pausing on scanning items to tell us more about the credit card. It is bad enough they keep repeating the same pitch over and over but they stop working every time they do it!

Not to mention the fact that when they do get a sucker to sign up, they hold up a whole line of shoppers behind the hapless fool while they go through the painstaking process of getting the paperwork done.

Back
Top Bottom