Show Me Your Sansui!

I recently moved things around and now have the AU-555A and TU-9500 as a bedroom system with AR-5's (hidden in custom cabinets), They sound very nice together.

P3280282.jpg

Last edited:
Newly acquired 7000 to start a new 'hybrid vintage' system. This is quite a rush getting all gooseflesh over a piece of equipment that's about 45 yrs old!
I plan on opening it this weekend to dust out & observe for any potential issues.
I appear to be the second owner, and I have original laminated feature card, service & operation manuals, original warranty card, & schematic (which was in an envelope attached to the bottom from the factory?) along with a baggie containing all the original pushbutton labels which have come off over time.
I have only observed some of the lights seem to be out, but it appears to work, having been tuned to a station playing Van Halen when I picked it up at an estate sale.
I think I'd like to go with original style bulbs as opposed to LED, but I don't think I've seen one that was totally redone in LED.....
Wood seems to be damn near perfect, so I'm stoked about that!
Any tips for this humble beginner would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
D.W.
IMG_2223.JPG IMG_2225.JPG IMG_2226.JPG IMG_2227.JPG IMG_2228.JPG

My first Sansui, an 881. I found it on the Facebook Marketplace. I have it apart to clean it (even though it is almost pristine) and to see why the dial lights are out. I hooked it up to a set of Nova 7s that I got yesterday and what a great match! It blew my hair back! The amp works pretty well but the AUX input cuts out a bit on one channel but the tape inputs and tuner work great. When I get it back together I will post another pic.
18056540_1495357360484206_3787336891974338293_o.jpg

17952561_1495357357150873_210921931993199859_n.jpg

Finally got a Sansui :banana:AU-719 without a scratch on it (except the rack handles)!

I think this time apart from a new power cord as the old one wasn´t even good enough for a table lamp, I am NOT (yet...) going to do a recap. It sounds very good after I re-calibrated the bias and DC offset :)

17951669_1428057947233596_7618685643632265986_n.jpg

Newly acquired 7000 to start a new 'hybrid vintage' system. This is quite a rush getting all gooseflesh over a piece of equipment that's about 45 yrs old!
I plan on opening it this weekend to dust out & observe for any potential issues.
I appear to be the second owner, and I have original laminated feature card, service & operation manuals, original warranty card, & schematic (which was in an envelope attached to the bottom from the factory?) along with a baggie containing all the original pushbutton labels which have come off over time.
I have only observed some of the lights seem to be out, but it appears to work, having been tuned to a station playing Van Halen when I picked it up at an estate sale.
I think I'd like to go with original style bulbs as opposed to LED, but I don't think I've seen one that was totally redone in LED.....
Wood seems to be damn near perfect, so I'm stoked about that!
Any tips for this humble beginner would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
D.W.
View attachment 902474 View attachment 902476 View attachment 902481 View attachment 902482 View attachment 902483

Hello congrats on your Sansui 7000. I have one also that I received for free as my neighbor was going to throw it out. I had it serviced by a tech locally and it worked for 6 glorious months before the left channel went. A great sounding reciever. I am going to have a full restoration done on it next year or so.

image.jpeg

Hello Sansui fans.
Had an interesting
Here's a larger pic of her

Congrats!! Your story would have been my exact reaction. It's BIG, heavy and...BIG so it HAS to be good. Sold!
Lol. I had an interesting moment with my wife just now. I showed her the pic of a Marantz 2600 on top of a G-33000 and she said "Do you need something that big". Notice she didn't say "No or preempt my thoughts of getting one and shooting it down. Hmmm...have to tread softly here. She didn't say no.... hopefully I can be as lucky as you!
Enjoy the system man!

Hello Sansui fans.
Had an interesting

Congrats!! Your story would have been my exact reaction. It's BIG, heavy and...BIG so it HAS to be good. Sold!
Lol. I had an interesting moment with my wife just now. I showed her the pic of a Marantz 2600 on top of a G-33000 and she said "Do you need something that big". Notice she didn't say "No or preempt my thoughts of getting one and shooting it down. Hmmm...have to tread softly here. She didn't say no.... hopefully I can be as lucky as you!
Enjoy the system man!
So, I completely understand, when i first purchased it, my wife wouldn't allow anything like that in her living room, but when she saw how excited I was about it, she actually asked me if i would like to put it in the living room, (after picking up my jaw from the floor) her only other condition was that i just couldn't put any big, ugly speakers up. Ha.. we found a happy medium, a nice pair, seldom used set of 901's, small not unattractive, and can handle lots of power. They actually sound fantastic with this rig, and i'm very surprised and happy with the sound. Lots of bass even at minimal volume levels!

it's all about what works for that room... i sold a pair of KEF 105.3's and a set of JBL L-7s because they sounded awful in that same room so if the 901s are boring, then the KEFs and JBLs are absolutely abysmal because the 901s sound so much better in that space. That and much smaller where the wife will allow = works for me...

Back
Top Bottom