NS-2000's from HiFiDo

Mark B

Yamaha Fan
Subscriber
My new NS-2000's arrived yesterday from HiFiDo in Japan. Even with shipping the price was very reasonable, and the condition of the speakers is excellent.

The biggest concern I had was a woofer magnet shifting. The superb packing by HiFiDo - double boxed and the speakers themselves well protected - makes that scenario much less likely, and fortunately the speakers arrived undamaged.

unnamed-4.jpg

unnamed-8.jpg

unnamed-5.jpg

unnamed-6.jpg

unnamed-9.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 52
  • unnamed-3.jpg
    unnamed-3.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Simply stunning setup. Congrats on your new addition to the family Mark!
Thanks!

I need new speaker stands as the NS-2000's are much too large to use with the stands for my NS-1000xw's. I really like the design of the SPS-2000. They look elegant in either African Paddock or in black like Deaf_in_Left has for his NS-2000's.

Last edited:
Wasn't one of your family members that made your racks? Room for a custom set of speakers stands??:D
African paddock or even Santos mahagony would look like the speakers...

Listening impressions?
How do they fair against those infinities?

Too soon to post listening impressions. I can say that they are not disappointing me.

Looking fabulous, Mark! If I may be rude enough to ask, how much did they set you back? (feel free to PM answer if you prefer).

The reason I ask is that NS-1000s are just a bit too small for my room, and NS-X10000s are too rare and expensive! I'm thinking NS-2000s might be the answer...

That's a Yamahord if I ever saw one :). Beautiful speakers (and system)....Congrats!

jblnut

Very nice, will you be switching the Yamaha's for the Infinities perhaps for the sake of continuity?

Looking good. Enjoy your new find, I'm sure you'll notice a positive difference.

Man those things are gorgeous! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Thanks Mitkraft, they are stunning.

Absolutely beautiful ... but then so is everything else in your listening room!

Thank you Nick.

Great :bigok:

Is that a silver UC-1 / B-1 in the back? Rare original or refinished?

Yes. The B-1 has been refurbished by Vint Age, and is spectacular.

Looking fabulous, Mark! If I may be rude enough to ask, how much did they set you back? (feel free to PM answer if you prefer).

The reason I ask is that NS-1000s are just a bit too small for my room, and NS-X10000s are too rare and expensive! I'm thinking NS-2000s might be the answer...

I'll send you a PM. The price was very reasonable.

That's a Yamahord if I ever saw one :). Beautiful speakers (and system)....Congrats!

jblnut

Thank you.

Very nice, will you be switching the Yamaha's for the Infinities perhaps for the sake of continuity?

I'll swap out the IRS Delta's for the NS-2000's this weekend when I have some help to move them. I have no intention of ever selling the Infinities.

Looking good. Enjoy your new find, I'm sure you'll notice a positive difference.

Thank you. I hope (and expect) the NS-2000's to be even better than the NS-1000xw's which I think are very fine speakers.

I'll swap out the IRS Delta's for the NS-2000's this weekend when I have some help to move them. I have no intention of ever selling the Infinities.

Yeah, I did not think you would :)
Yamaha speakers are nice but those infinities are in a different league.
I am sure the yammies will hold their own. So curious to hear your thoughts.

Really nice setup!

You got that pair 2 hours before me. I tried to buy those as they were still on their website and they emailed back and said they had been sold 2 hrs before...have fun with them they are great!

Follwing Mark's PM about the price of his NS-2000s, I went off to Hi-Fi Do's website for a look around. I didn't find any NS-2000s but I did find a pair of NS-1000MMs in their junk shop for $165 and couldn't resist them!! :D

Back
Top Bottom