Any Megadeth or Metallica fans?

Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets(edge to Master) my favorite Metallica album, the Black album has the best sonics.
Megadeth, I first caught on to them on So Far So Good So What..love it, Peace Sell's also pretty good..love Chis Poland..but their masterpiece is Rust in Peace, pretty much all killer no filler:rockon:

S&M. I could listen to it all day.

Not really up on Megadeth. I have a couple of albums by a band called The Worshyp. A former drummer from Megadeth was with that band. Albums are Kingdom Earth and Evil Abounds. They're on iTunes.

S&M. I could listen to it all day.

Not really up on Megadeth. I have a couple of albums by a band called The Worshyp. A former drummer from Megadeth was with that band. Albums are Kingdom Earth and Evil Abounds. They're on iTunes.
You need to check out Rust In Piece ..it's epic..Holy Wars was the 1st song I heard on that album, I knew it was as good as it gets..lyrics and music.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was never into Megadeth at all, but have become a Metallica fan.

More of their later stuff and Garage Band. Love their cover of Turn the Page and Whiskey in the Jar to name a few.

Black and Load I guess are the favorites of what I've had a chance to really listen to.

Yes and yes. For me the older the better for Metallica. Can't get enough of Kill em All. Four Horsemen is my favorite tune. But they have so many. Megadeth was pretty consistent over the years. Faves are So far so good so what and Rust in Peace. I really liked Youthinasia when it came out too. Again lots of good tunes in their arsenal. Still play em quite a bit.

What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"?
I talk to him everyday.
What do you mean, "I don't support your system"?
I go to court when I have to
What do you mean, "I can't get to work on time"?
I got nothing better to do.
And, what do you mean, "I don't pay my bills"?
Why do you think I'm broke? Huh?
If there's a new way,
I'll be the first in line.
But it better work this time.
What do you mean, "I hurt your feelings"?
I didn't know you had any feelings.
What do you mean, "I ain't kind"?
Just not your kind.
What do you mean, "I couldn't be the President
Of the United States of America"?
Tell me something, it's still "We the people, " right?
If there's a new way
I'll be the first in line
But it better work this time
Can you put a price on peace?
Peace,
Peace sells,
Peace,
Peace sells,
Peace sells, but who's buying?

My 2cents , as a cover band guitar player for 30 years. I could always learn 90% of James and Kirks blues based predictable solo parts very close if not perfect, most of "master of puppets album" and "ride the lightning songs", but.......could not nail peace sells album solos , thats a whole diff animal, Mustaine was a more talented, more creative guitarist then kirk, ....also Mustaine, dont forget still does all of the amazing vocals . Try to learn a Dave Mustaine or Chris Poland solo note for note, or even just close enuf, impossible for most everyone, Megadeth make the impossible sound easy,.... Metallica make the easier sound hard. God i hated whiskey in the jar, played that crappy octave box solo a million times in the clubs, like every other band did, people liked it but ugh, sorry Just my strong beliefs since 1986,,,,,,,,.i do like Metallica also , but not the same talent. James is great, Lars was a innovator of that amazing drum style. Cool thread!

Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets(edge to Master) my favorite Metallica album, the Black album has the best sonics.
Megadeth, I first caught on to them on So Far So Good So What..love it, Peace Sell's also pretty good..love Chis Poland..but their masterpiece is Rust in Peace, pretty much all killer no filler:rockon:

What a spot on opinion. MoP's and RtL were their best, Black was after they started in mainstream and had money to produce a fantastic sounding album. Sanitarium is my fav song for sure, with One a close 2nd.

If I remember Dave's exit from Metallica had nothing to do with his talent. No one will question his ability, but I don't like Yngwie's stuff either. Not talent, form.

I'm more of an SRV, The Three Kings, Billy Gibbons, Page, Clapton style fan. Less notes, more feeling. I always enjoyed Eddie Van Halen's playing.

Like speakers, everyone's ears are different.

Maybe I should listen to some Megadeth and broaden my horizons. Any suggestions for a place to start?

As much as I liked Kill'em All and Ride the Lightning, I can still remember the first time I heard Master of Puppets, and it sounded like nothing ever before. MoP was a game changer for every heavy recording after. The production was so tight, punchy and undescribable that my neck still hurts over 30 years later. When Cliff died I never bought another album but have heard most of them. Favorite song? First 3 albums and Garage Days. As far as Megadeth, I never really loved Dave's voice or singing style but it does work well in more than a few songs. It is the guitar that draws me in.

been a Metallica fan since July 1983...Kill'em All was so fast and different than the NWOBHM, it really "spoke" to me...Ride the Lightning, showed a progression in song writing and musicianship, although the production really let it down...Master of Puppets, well, that album is metal bliss to me...Battery still a favourite song...And Justice for All, is awesome...from that point Metallica lost me, for a long time, i just felt they lost what I enjoyed about the band, although i understand that maybe they wanted to do other "things" and experiment, so while I don't enjoy Black, Reload, S&M, I understand that these albums really expanded the Metallica fan base..., and along comes St Anger...I heard the title track and was like wtf...oh yeah, i want more...I may be one of the few who actually like the sound of that album, most seem to despise it....Hardwired I just recently picked up so i am still learning this album, but am impressed.
Megadeth....has been love/hate over many years....their albums are all wonderfully technical, and musical, perhaps the best musicians of the big 4?, definitely debatable, so while i bought the first four albums and enjoyed them, it was attending their concerts that steered me away...looking back the sound issues the band had probably were not their fault, but the walking off the stage after one song, on two different occasions, really left a bad taste in my mouth...as a 16 -18 year old, spending my hard earned $$ on concert tickets to have that happen, well, i said i wasn't gonna give Megadeth any of my money for a while. I prefer Metallica, but Megadeth is real good

my 2 Cents would suggest "Rust In Peace"

Then Countdown to Extinction, Youthanasia....then maybe work back to the beginning. One thing you can say about Megadeth they are consistent. Only dud for me was Risk, but I like all the rest including Dystopia.

Back
Top Bottom