NS-2000's from HiFiDo

Follwing Mark's PM about the price of his NS-2000s, I went off to Hi-Fi Do's website for a look around. I didn't find any NS-2000s but I did find a pair of NS-1000MMs in their junk shop for $165 and couldn't resist them!! :D
Noooo, not the MM's :rflmao:

Those are fairly new (1999) cheap little Yamaha speakers which have nothing do with Yamaha NS-(1)(2)000(M)(X)(W)'s :p

Follwing Mark's PM about the price of his NS-2000s, I went off to Hi-Fi Do's website for a look around. I didn't find any NS-2000s but I did find a pair of NS-1000MMs in their junk shop for $165 and couldn't resist them!! :D
1000mm :idea:

You are one lucky dog! I would love to own a pair of those. I love my NS-1000 in ebony. If the 1000's sound so great I could not imagine the 2000's. Are you planning to run a sub with those or are you hoping the woofers in those do the trick? I think you will find yourself running a sub because your ears are trained to the Infinity, although I have heard the 2000 woofers will get lower and pronounced due to the cone material and crossover design.It will take you time to adjust. I went form Kappa 8's to my NS-1000 and not nearly the thump so a sub it is. Both the Kappas and the Yammies have their strong points. I am running MC-40 watt tube amps with the Yamaha and it drives them nicely. They are very neutral and detailed. They still get plenty loud. There's no way the MC-40 would handle the Kappas. The Kappas with 200 watt SS mono blocks will just fill the room. I know we are not talking apples to apples just talking similar brands. I like them both. Congratulations on your purchase. Looking forward to your opinion.

Good morning and a huge congrts on getting these NS 2000 home. They are stunning. Enjoy and you are req to file a report everyday on just how much you are loving them by noon.

AS to speaker stands Look up the A&M fabrication website. The make a great product. I have 3 pairs of custom stands made by them.

You are one lucky dog! I would love to own a pair of those. I love my NS-1000 in ebony. If the 1000's sound so great I could not imagine the 2000's. Are you planning to run a sub with those or are you hoping the woofers in those do the trick? I think you will find yourself running a sub because your ears are trained to the Infinity, although I have heard the 2000 woofers will get lower and pronounced due to the cone material and crossover design.It will take you time to adjust. I went form Kappa 8's to my NS-1000 and not nearly the thump so a sub it is. Both the Kappas and the Yammies have their strong points. I am running MC-40 watt tube amps with the Yamaha and it drives them nicely. They are very neutral and detailed. They still get plenty loud. There's no way the MC-40 would handle the Kappas. The Kappas with 200 watt SS mono blocks will just fill the room. I know we are not talking apples to apples just talking similar brands. I like them both. Congratulations on your purchase. Looking forward to your opinion.
Thanks TF!

I don't use a subwoofer with the NS-1000xw's and won't with the NS-2000's either. I think the Yamaha beryllium midrange is wonderful, and with the NS-2000's I'll get another 1/2 octave of low bass. I'm really enjoying the NS-2000's, but until I have proper speaker stands I won't really know what they're capable of.

Good morning and a huge congrts on getting these NS 2000 home. They are stunning. Enjoy and you are req to file a report everyday on just how much you are loving them by noon.
Thank you, I am loving them! I'll try to post before noon of the following day.

I would love to read your impressions of the 2000's vs the 1000x after you spend some time with them (and you have them properly setup with stands). The 1000x has been on my "bucket list" for a while.

Commissioned a friend (AK'er bobfalk) to build a set of SPS-2000's in walnut. The dimensions that I specified are 18"(w) x 15"(d) x 10"(h) which are just a tad larger than the dimensions (440mm × 365mm × 250mm) of the original SPS-2000's.

The NS-2000's sound wonderful (even sitting on the floor).

this thread is hurting me to read
i have ns-500m that i gave a quick listen to so i could flip them [ bought the 1000's from the same guy] to cover the cost
i have the ns-1000 sitting in the next room, i have never hooked them up as i have nowhere to listen to them :(
the price was right i couldn't not get them
i already have 6 large speakers in the living room, plus a sub and a bunch of surround stuff

i may have to rearrange the furniture tomorrow

6 weeks into having the NS-2000's in my system.

The NS-2000's are a bit brighter than the NS-1000xw's, which I found surprising. I've set the attenuators for both mids and tweeters to -1 on the NS-2000's. Bass response is excellent - drum thwacks really punch you in the chest. They're very dynamic speakers.

The friend who will be building the SPS-2000 stands put together a set of temporary stands to tide me over.

unnamed-11.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it looks like you're making progress; though you still have a long way to go just to get to mid-Fi. If you stay persistent you'll get there....;)

By the way, try not to be jealous of my stuff....ok?o_O

Back
Top Bottom