hiking in south america

Max Flower

any fans of bushwalking/hiking?

I'm doing a good 5 weeks travelling around sth america, specifically galapagos islands, inca trail, lake titicaca... will be leaving in the next few days, I can't wait.
Who else loves to get out into nature and just wander?
Anyone know some nice spots near where I'm going that are a little less known?

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
We have a great state park system here that we like to wander. Have hiked the Rockies too.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
We have a great state park system here that we like to wander. Have hiked the Rockies too.
I'll make sure to create a post with my favourite stories for the trip when I return. I have heard wonderful things about your Parks, and my partner and I have always said our dream honeymoon would be to spend a month or two hiking the Appalachian Trail.

In other news, I leave tomorrow!

My wife has hiked & dove that area. When she returns from work I'll ask.

We have enough space in the U.S. for us to hike. I would never consider going to South America for anything; as absolutely beautiful as it is. I have no desire to explore places as lawless as South America is. We have enough of a problem here.

I'm jealous! I'd love to have the funds and time to take five weeks to go exploring somewhere.
Took me a long time to save, if I'm being honest. Im also counting on a pay check to come through while I'm away so that I can eat enough throughout the trip :p
Travel is expensive, every time I do it I'm always scraping by, but it's worth the experience

It's only $$$ I always tell my wife. One thing you can replace. We have traveled extensively thru Central America and have enjoyed every minute.

Finally made it home! What an experience! We hiked a volcano in the Galapagos islands, completed the Inca Trail to Macchu Picchu, wandered the Uyuni Salt Flats in Bolivia.. So much more. Will likely post photos some point across the next few days of the highlights. Jet-lagged as anything for now.

any fans of bushwalking/hiking?

I'm doing a good 5 weeks travelling around sth america, specifically galapagos islands, inca trail, lake titicaca... will be leaving in the next few days, I can't wait.
Who else loves to get out into nature and just wander?
Anyone know some nice spots near where I'm going that are a little less known?

If you ever consider hiking in Patagonia (e.g., Chalten), please send me a PM and I'll do my best to assist you!

If you ever consider hiking in Patagonia (e.g., Chalten), please send me a PM and I'll do my best to assist you!
It's definately on my mind. I've already got two trips on the table first though, Hawaii and later, France, so it's gonna take me a couple of years at least before I can get to Patagonia. I've heard excellent things though!

Back
Top Bottom