New Yamaha integrated amps

mike0565

ADS speaker nut
Subscriber
I'm seriously considering buying one of these newer integrated yamaha amps. In particular the A-S801. Does anyone have one of these amps or one of the other models and can give me their opinion?

I have the A-S 801, having upgraded from the 501.I really like it. The phono input on the 801 is a step up, and the inclusion of a DAC is really nice. It's on the neutral side, which I like. The Luxman amp I have gives a little more rhythm, but the Yamaha is worth it just for the DAC and the sheer number of inputs. Now if it only had a mono switch. If you have any specific questions, let me know.

well, you already know I have one (that's the same model I have). I love it for the inputs as well.

I use it for all the digital stuff - bluetoothed ipad, tv optical, and even CD's (I feel CD's sound better through this than my vintage preamp). The phono stage is respectable, but won't make you forget your C4 or anything (but nice for backup). And it's silver!!

a-S500 and I love it had it for over 8 years and not a single problem. Listening to it right now.

I too have the A-S500 and A-S501; they sound great! I especially like the dac and Bluetooth capability of the A-S501 for wireless playback of the iPod. I find that quite convenient.:thumbsup:

I also have the as500. It's not the most expensive amp I've had in my system but it's by far the best.
I've had mine about 4 year now it's the best money I ever spent.

Thanks for all the input AKers. I plan on buying the A-S801 and the matching cd player s300 soon. I'm going to use it for cd's and internet radio. My yamaha c4 will still do the vinyl duties. Haven't read a bad review about the s801 or the s300.

I am contemplating one of these. Does anyone have a breakdown of the differences between the 301, 501 and 701? Surely it can't be just higher wattage. I'll be running a Lounge MCR MKIII phono though it so having a pre on-board is nice but won't get used.

A-S1100 here. I've only had it a couple of weeks but I'm loving it. Oodles of power and it's very well-built, and heavy at 23.5KGs!

I am contemplating one of these. Does anyone have a breakdown of the differences between the 301, 501 and 701? Surely it can't be just higher wattage. I'll be running a Lounge MCR MKIII phono though it so having a pre on-board is nice but won't get used.
Yes there is. The amp section is not just 25 watts. The 501 and above share dual heat sinks and filter caps about twice the size of the 301. I owned both and sent back the 301. The 501 was just better all the way around. I understood why this amp was praised so highly. It offers HUGE value. Especially now that they have digital inputs with solid DAC sections.

Yes there is. The amp section is not just 25 watts. The 501 and above share dual heat sinks and filter caps about twice the size of the 301. I owned both and sent back the 301. The 501 was just better all the way around. I understood why this amp was praised so highly. It offers HUGE value. Especially now that they have digital inputs with solid DAC sections.
Perfect! You sold me on it. Bummer no mono switch but I'll figure something else out.

I have an A-S801 I really like. I just made a mono switch box for it. I have left over parts for another one. You can check out how it looks on Barter Town. Or if you are interested, ping me.

I have the AS-2100 and I expect it to last me a long time. I am very pleased with it. I am not compelled to buy any other amp.

I may upgrade to a silver digital capable model in December when I turn 80, come to think of it the 801 would be a great number to get. My AS500 has no shortcomings at all, but what the heck, why not!

I have a Yamaha RX 777 that has a basically identical amplifier section as the A-S801.

It has really good imaging and has good warmth and depth to it.

I think it would be a winner. It's just a matter of hunting down the best price. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom