I just love the Masters

Mr. Snoid

Feats Don't Fail Me Now
Its like the rite of spring for me. Now days I don't watch much golf on the tellie but I usually don't miss any of the majors. But Augusta is a great tradition. Had the opportunity to go to the first round in 96' and it is was an absolutely awsome experience. Friend of mines dad had been on the waiting list for tickets since 72'! Finally got them in 94'...amazing (and you don't get to past them down to the next of kin).

The grounds are immaculate. The crowd is weirdly quiet. No trash...even the sandwiches come in green wrappers so it doesn't so up as trash on TV. Beer is $1.50 for a green 10 oz. cup. Sandwiches are $3.00. Its like going back in time. [unfortunately the members still rule the club back in time]. While I do not agree with the Jim Crow cronyism is still a great tournament.

I would not mind seeing Tiger win it again to build toward the record and one more for his dad before he passes on.

...a

Let me take this chance to agree with you about The Masters being my first rite of spring as well.

Mike

Last edited:
Ditto here, as well.

It's really the emotional start of the season, in addition to signaling (usually!) the end of playing in six layers of clothes!

If you like the Masters, You should see what they have done to expand the grounds outside of the fences.
They have been busy buying property in all directions and tearing down every structure in site, returning everything to a beautiful manicured park like area for parking.
Streets have been rerouted for better traffic control and a more beautiful drive around the fenced course.
The final hold out, Jay's Music store finally sold out to the club for a butt load of money .
The Masters have been building a truly legendary golf paradise, as you drive up you get goose bumps knowing you are looking at the pinnacle of the golf world.
I don't play golf so I don't spend much time thinking about it, but every time I drive by the course I am aware of the history and all who have passed thru the gates.
The azaleas have already bloomed this year, it's been very warm here and even the Masters could not hold them back, but I'm sure they will find some blooming to plant just in time from some top secret azalea Masters green house hidden deep in the tall pines of Georgia.
Every since the year they had the big protest around the course up against the gates, they have been making sure that will never happen again and they have control of the property outside the gates for quite aways.

I go to extremes to watch as much as I can. Seems AN has found a way to keep their event in a time vacuum and I love it. There must be sniper crows nests that keep the "ba ba booey" guys at bay.

In the Post-Tiger era, The Masters is still the only tournament worth watching. The course and the tradition are bigger than Tiger. I watch as much as I can including internet live streaming. And there is something about listening to the Master's theme song as the final scores scroll at the end of TV coverage.

Watching live streaming now on my notebook. TV is on Golf Channel. I'm all set. Glad I don't have a day job to get in the way.

Quite a few big names missed the cut. I've been streaming it since it began - good thing it's been raining a bit here. Gives me an excuse to stay in the office.

Think I'll put on a Sergio hat. Time for him to win a major.

I think tomorrow's going to bring a dramatic finish. Can't wait. I'd be happy with a Sergio or Charley win.

I think Speith will make up for last year and take it all again, and Sergio will choke like he always does. ;)

Class act. Matt Kuchar just shot a hole-in-one on the 16th, signed the ball, and gave it to a kid in the gallery.

Great tournament. Glad to see that Sergio finally gets his major. The whole Masters was classy.

2018. I was hoping Tiger wasn't going to make the cut but he did.

Does John Daly still sell crazy clothes outside one of the gates?

I had a chance do go down there on a charter jet in the late 90's. Never went, but I'd like to.

2018. I was hoping Tiger wasn't going to make the cut but he did.

Does John Daly still sell crazy clothes outside one of the gates?

I had a chance do go down there on a charter jet in the late 90's. Never went, but I'd like to.
Yes Daly does still sell his wares in the area. As he and his girlfriend were doing so the other day a car smashed into their motorhome doing a large amount of damage and John hurt his knee diving out of the way. I haven't heard much more about it since the initial report.

I cut the cord last year. No regrets except for loosing a couple of favorite sporting events like the Masters. No worries, CBSSports streaming was excellent and in some ways better than the network broadcast. Got to watch Speith and Reed's complete rounds with no fluff and not a single commercial.

Back
Top Bottom