Audio Community Phrases or Sayings that Make You Cringe.....

of course i realize all these phrases are new talk speach, cool , hip , jive, with it, modern and sofisticated used by the cell phone generation who know it all and has all the answers so they can text away without being understood. its called evolution. out with the old and in with the new, survival of the fitest. IMO.......barf

Last edited:
DYMA?
scratch2.gif

(Some of us feel the need to abbreviate most anything we see, like maybe there's some sort of pixel shortage)

must ... resist ... arghhhhhh!!!!

(SOUFTNTAMAWSLMTSSOPS!)

oh my god, YES!

snake oil
ˈsnāk ˌoil/
noun NORTH AMERICAN informal

A term used to describe anything a forum member deems too expensive.
Snake oil I always thought was for a product that makes ridiculous claims with no good science to back it up.

Last edited:
"Comes from a pet free, smoke free home." (How would a potential buyer confirm that?)
"Recently professionally serviced" (No receipts to prove what work IF ANY actually done, or by whom)
"Works great, but needs work"
"Just recapped, but has small problem"
"Your buying guide to..."
"MONSTER RECEIVER!!!!!!"
"Under rated"
"Puts out way more power than specs say"
"This one won't last long!"
"Flies under the radar"
"A sleeper"
"Known for their buttery sound"
"I have no way of testing this" (seller's home/place of business lacks electricity?)
"I'm no audiophile, but this is a great piece of stereo"

Last edited:
Folks,

Have any of you people considered the fact that a lot of these terms are used by people posting here and in effect you are slamming them in a proxy fashion ??

I know most of you are saying these things in jest and without malice. But I am sure a few folks here are grinding some axes if you get the drift.

Frannie

IMO its a good thing to be able to make fun of yourself. Keep em comin:)

I am guilty of using some of these phrases too. Lol
Yes! Me also. Well put.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom