What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

TEXTERS! Let's face it, most people can't walk & chew gum at the same time. What makes them think they can text & walk at the same time? I had to grab a lady to prevent her from stepping in front of a light rail train, all that would have been left of her would be a stain on the street. "Oh thanks." Is what you are doing more important than your life?
I had another circumstance where a guy was texting and STOPPED at the top of the escalator while texting, jaming up everyone behind him. It took all the restraint I could muster to not push him down the escalator. Folks behind me were somewhat less than kind & elbowed him out of the way.

Going to look at magazines and seeing that lazy a$$, worthless POS humans, can't put them back in the right place. Wish I could beat them with a baseball bat till they cry for eternal forgiveness.
You could just roll up the magazine if you catch them doing that, and beat them with the magazine they placed wrongly. :D.
I hate when I find the freebie attached to a magazine has been stolen. Some magazines still have the CD stuck on the front instead of completely wrapped with the magazine so the magazine can be damaged when you try to take it off. I sometimes stand and try to re-stick the loose CDs.:biggrin:

A low price (below market) for a product online .... only to be followed by an absurd "way above market S&H cost" ... :wtf: .... Do they think you are stupid?

Mentioned previously but peeved again this AM. People in their cars (trucks or SUVs, particularly annoying) that slow down to a crawl to round any corner or to go over even the slightest bump in the road.

Smoking!

I don't smoke, myself. My father did and died from lung cancer. When I walk around the area where I work, I see the smokers outside shamelessly taking their poison in public after being banished to the street to stop other people from being exposed to second hand smoke.

I saw this movie in a health course in college back in the early 80's and found it on youtube, recently. Watch this terrifying video, pass it on and you may help save a life.

Went to Lowes today and it took me longer to do the Self-Checkout, than it would have if I would have stood in one of the two normal lines.

One of my favorites - all the anti-tobacco zealots here in CA who just passed a tax increase on all tobacco and vaping, but are trying their damnedest to legalize marijuana.

It all depends on who's Ox is getting gored, doesn't it? :)

When people use an Acronym, but add one of the words already in the acronym.

Like this:
I work on Emergency Block Valves (EBVs), and can't tell you how many times they are referred to as "EBV valves"

Gets me every time.

When people use an Acronym, but add one of the words already in the acronym.

Like this:
I work on Emergency Block Valves (EBVs), and can't tell you how many times they are referred to as "EBV valves"

Gets me every time.
A bit nit-picky, I know, but it irks me when people refer to initials or abbreviations as acronyms. An acronym is initials that spell out a whole new word.

Being blessed when I sneeze, especially when the heretic demands that I thank them for blessing me. I don't have the plague and also, 50 years ago when I was watching the Red Skelton show at the end he said people sometimes ask why he says "may God bless" instead of "bless you" and he said he didn't want to make it sound like he was ordering God around.

Garden hoses that kink when you are watering the flowers or washing the car.

I have a couple of 100' + hose reels with what I thought were really good quality hoses on them. They dont kink all that often, but when they do I find myself getting really frustrated with the situation at hand. Its really such a small silly thing, but it fits the title of this thread perfectly! Let's hope that a kink in my garden hose is the biggest problem that I will face today. :biggrin:

I hate it when a store puts out a nice sale, and some douche buys up everything just to resell it himself. I am all for flipping items, hell, I do it too. But that's what thrift stores, yard sales, auctions, etc are for. When I am at a retail store, I am typically there to buy stuff for me or my family, and hate to see the sharks circling there too.

Related peeve- browsing craigslist and seeing retail stuff that I just saw on sale at a store for like $5 more. Really? All that douchebaggery for $5?

Hash tags. They are everywhere and almost always used wrongly. They make me want to strangle the poster. Just today I saw a shitty picture taken with a potato camera with a comment like "nice view" and 14(fourteen) senseless hashtags. Baaaaahhhhh

Hash tags. They are everywhere and almost always used wrongly. They make me want to strangle the poster. Just today I saw a shitty picture taken with a potato camera with a comment like "nice view" and 14(fourteen) senseless hashtags. Baaaaahhhhh
Just out of curiosity, what is the correct way to use a hashtag? These things evolved from the lowly pound sign while I wasn't paying attention and I really don't know what their significance is.

@noogies They were intended to help searching for content containing these tags, just like normal forum thread tags, youtube tags, etc. They were pretty useful on twitter to help people stay up to date with a subject, news, etc. The problem is that the hash tags are intended for PUBLIC use, not facebook where you have a couple of hundred friends who don't give a flying **** about your picture and the completely unrelated shit string of tags. Using hash tags this way is equivalent to talking to yourself

Male chauvinist pig rant rant here.

Women on TV - particularly news programs -who spend God knows how much time growing that clump of hair and getting it to cover part of one eye, then spend half the time on camera flipping their head or using their hand to move it out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom