What I learned on Craigslist

Take plenty of cash.
I have had times when the seller was willing to sell a better item than what I went there for or make a package deal.

They will say things like, oh, I have another set downstairs but I'm not sure if I want to sell them.

That usually means they want to sell them.

Recent deal went like this,
Okay these are the speakers and I also have another set that I may want to sell, they call em' "Penguins" or something like that.

Oh really?
Let's see em! ;-)"

Last edited:
I learned that I am either running a charity...or people have no idea how to read maps.

Guy emails me about a nice monitor I am trying to unload for $80. Says he can only afford $45, lives in Derry (~1.5 hours away), and has no vehicle to pick it up. Did he really expect me to hop in the car and make a 3 hour round trip for $45?

Take plenty of cash.
I have had times when the seller was willing to sell a better item than what I went there for or make a package deal.

I picked up a fully functional Sansui 9090db like that. Went for something else, saw the 9090 under the coffee table covered in dust, and asked how much. Bundled it with the Sansui I did go to see, and walked out with both for $50 each.

Antique, eh? ... I'm so old.

Today? Well, there's this. I'm guessing a whiskey ticket = DUI?

Awesome stero system
https://stcloud.craigslist.org/ele/6081389503.html

00j0j_3fQEUt7LSfO_600x450.jpg

"Selling my jl audio w7 13.5 in a sealed jl audio wege box 1200watt sub pioner duble din touch screen with navagation deck half ferrit cap and a jl audio 600.1 mono amp and 2 pioneer 6×9s got a whiskey ticket and fines suck hate to get rid of this but got to sounds great sub is way louder than you would ever think had to reseal my windsheild when i first got it 900 obo no low ballers please the sub was 1200$ new and the box was 700$ so you are already getting a deal"

not mine, no affiliation

I picked up a pair of Cervin Vega HED 1230's along with several other goodies on Craig's List. The cabinets were in very decent shape - didn't have time to test - besides, the owner said they sounded "real good".

On reaching home, I removed the grill to find a very unusual "re-foam job" :eek:

CVHEDbefore.jpg

Rgds
Mayank

Not Craigslist, but this I found humorous. I AM NOT AFFILIATED!

I am selling this SL-1900 for repair since the tonearm does not go down to play records, the lever that controls it will not bring it down even when it's in the down position. Aside from those problems the player works and both speeds function as well as the speed adjustments. It has a Shure M95ED cartridge installed although the stylus will likely need to be replaced, I've been able to push it down enough to hear it play a record but it doesn't sound very clear

Back
Top Bottom