Today's SOUL Playlist

NOW UP (GOTTA KEEP THE MOOD UP TONIGHT)!!!!

Parliament -- Funkentelechy Vs. The Placebo Syndrome -- Casablanca (1977)(Vinyl)

Side #1: "Bop Gun (Endangered Species)"; "Sir Nose D'Voidoffunk (Pay Attention - B3M)"; "Wizard Of Finance"
Side #2: "Funkentelechy"; "Placebo Syndrome"; "Flash Light"

Volume Turned UP UP UP UP UP UP UP (Bass Thumpin')

--Charles--

R-70288-1334339076.jpeg.jpg

R-70288-1334339093.jpeg.jpg

R-70288-1334339116.jpeg.jpg

R-70288-1334339138.jpeg.jpg

Do you have the cartoon booklet that came with that album? I do! I think I asked you that before? :idea:

Teach said when he bought that album new when it came out, it didn't include the booklet! Am I correct, Teach?

Do you have the cartoon booklet that came with that album? I do! I think I asked you that before? :idea:

Teach said when he bought that album new when it came out, it didn't include the booklet! Am I correct, Teach?

Hate to correct Teach, it does come with a comic booklet.

Mines did.

I held out until I found one that did.

My older cousin on my mother's side had this album WAY before I did, where as he had a component system WAY BEFORE I bought my first one some six years later (when I finally became of age).

--Charles--

So, where (and when) did you get the Marvin Gaye Album from??

--Charles--

The thrift store, my friend! Found it at GW for .99! It still has the price tage on the cover. I really like those booklets you get with those Motown Anthology albums. I have a bunch of them. Always looking for more of them!

Hate to correct Teach, it does come with a comic booklet.

Mines did.

I held out until I found one that did.

My older cousin on my mother's side had this album WAY before I did, where as he had a component system WAY BEFORE I bought my first one some six years later (when I finally became of age).

--Charles--

Teach got ripped off on his copy when he bought it new. I pretty sure that's what he told me. We'll know tomorrow when he reads this.

Wow!
Charles & Cool Breeze takin' us through the Soul Groovin' Hall of Fame!
Funky as it wanna be! LOL LOL

Yea Charles, ole Cool Breeze is correct I got ripped off as usual in life. :)
My new copy of "Funkentelechy" didn't come with the booklet. I always get the short end of the stick for some reason, I guess I'm jus' too doggonit nice! Ha!

Well, glad you all got yours. If I run across another copy of it I will check it out to see if it is in there.

Rome

Good Evening Café.....

I will spin this evening....

But I got something on my mind I want to get off my chest first.

I am going to pray and have a moment of silence for a moment tonight, in honor of my Grandmother.

My Grandmother has transistioned yesterday, and she is now in a better place. As she enters the pearly gates of heaven to join my other grandparents and my parents, just know that she's in a much better place, and is now in the care of the most capable hands that can be provided to care for anyone in eternal life, and that are those who belong to the Lord.

And now, for a bit of good news.

As Steve and I have been collaborating off the forums the last couple of days, I am now in the process of building a secondary audio system that is going to be in my bedroom (alongside my home theater, so for when those days come up when I don't feel like getting up out of bed (and we all have a few of those every once in a while), I can listen to music in bed, without going into the living room to turn the big one on every time I want to listen to some music, and now, the big rig can get some days off as well).

New Bedroom System is going to consist of:

Sennheiser HD-650 (or HD-598 -- in Cream Color with Wood Accents) Headphones
NAD 3140 Dual Mono Integrated Amplifier (EXACTLY like Breeze's)*
BlueSound NODE 2 Music Player/Streamer (with Tune-In Internet Radio, Tidal, etc)***
Apple iPad Mini 4 with iTunes and 128 GB Storage**
Turntable with MM Phono Cartridge (nothing exotic like on my Thorens TD-160/Jelco SA-750D Turntable in the living room system)

Along with my Home Theater:

Definitive Technology Mythos SSA-42 Sound Bar
Definitive Technology ProSub 800 Powered Subwoofer
Yamaha RX-V481 Audio/Video Receiver (recently replaced a Harman/Kardon AVR-3600)
Roku Ultra Video Streamer
Vizio M-43-C1 4K Ultra HDTV

So there you have it.

* -- Forthcoming.... Ordered 04/09/17
** -- Already Own... Recently Purchased In March 2017 (early birthday present to me)
*** -- Coming Between August 2017 and October 2017

Well Now.... Onto To Listening To Some Music....

To My Grandmother -- Mamie Lee Smith (05/18/18 to 04/10/17) -- A/K/A -- Purvis Kelly -- Rest-In-Paradise. Your Grandson Loves You SO Much.

--Charles--

Last edited:
NOW..... I enter the Café, for some tasty soul this evening.....

First Up....

The 5th Dimension -- The Age Of Aquarius -- Soul City-Liberty (1969)(Vinyl w/Gatefold Cover)

Side #1: "Medley: Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)"; "Blowing Away"; "Skinny Man"; "Wedding Bell Blues"; "Don'tcha Hear Me Callin' To Ya"; "The Hideaway"

Side #2: "Workin On A Groovy Thing"; "Let It Be Me"; "Sunshine Of Your Life"; "The Winds Of Heaven"; "Those Were The Days"; "Let The Sunshine In (Reprise)"

Volume Turned UP UP UP UP UP!!!

--Charles--

R-2874426-1309841005.jpeg.jpg

R-2874426-1309841009.jpeg.jpg

R-2874426-1309841014.jpeg.jpg

R-2874426-1309841018.jpeg.jpg

R-2874426-1309841023.jpeg.jpg

R-2874426-1309841027.jpeg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom