Today's SOUL Playlist

Good Evening Café.....

I will spin this evening....

But I got something on my mind I want to get off my chest first.

I am going to pray and have a moment of silence for a moment tonight, in honor of my Grandmother.

My Grandmother has transistioned yesterday, and she is now in a better place. As she enters the pearly gates of heaven to join my other grandparents and my parents, just know that she's in a much better place, and is now in the care of the most capable hands that can be provided to care for anyone in eternal life, and that are those who belong to the Lord.

And now, for a bit of good news.

As Steve and I have been collaborating off the forums the last couple of days, I am now in the process of building a secondary audio system that is going to be in my bedroom (alongside my home theater, so for when those days come up when I don't feel like getting up out of bed (and we all have a few of those every once in a while), I can listen to music in bed, without going into the living room to turn the big one on every time I want to listen to some music, and now, the big rig can get some days off as well).

New Bedroom System is going to consist of:

Sennheiser HD-650 (or HD-598 -- in Cream Color with Wood Accents) Headphones
NAD 3140 Dual Mono Integrated Amplifier (EXACTLY like Breeze's)*
BlueSound NODE 2 Music Player/Streamer with Tune-In Internet Radio, Tidal, etc)***
Apple iPad Mini 4 with iTunes and 128 GB Storage**
Turntable with MM Phono Cartridge (nothing exotic like on my Thorens TD-160/Jelco SA-750D Turntable in the living room system)

Along with my Home Theater:

Definitive Technology Mythos SSA-42 Sound Bar
Definitive Technology ProSub 800 Powered Subwoofer
Yamaha RX-V481 Audio/Video Receiver (recently replaced a Harman/Kardon AVR-3600)
Roku Ultra Video Streamer
Vizio M-43-C1 4K Ultra HDTV

So there you have it.

* -- Forthcoming.... Ordered 04/09/17
** -- Already Own... Recently Purchased In March 2017 (early birthday present to me)
*** -- Coming Between August 2017 and October 2017

Well Now.... Onto To Listening To Some Music....

To My Grandmother -- Mamie Lee Smith (05/18/18 to 04/10/17) -- A/K/A -- Purvis Kelly -- Rest-In-Paradise. Your Grandson Loves You SO Much.

--Charles--

Hey Charles,

You have my condolences. So sad to hear of your grandmother's passing. Giving you a hug. :hug: Your grandmother really had a full life at 99 years old!

Yeah. we're the Groovin' NAD 3140 Groovers! :thumbsup: :music:

Hey Charles,

You have my condolences. So sad to hear of your grandmother's passing. Giving you a hug. :hug: Your grandmother really had a full life at 99 years old!

Yeah. we're the Groovin' NAD 3140 Groovers! :thumbsup: :music:

Thanks Buddy..... Back At Cha.... One More Year (YES!!!! ONE!!!!), sweet ole' granny would've made it to the CENTURY MARK.... bless her sweet little heart. Grandmothers are quite a blessing indeed.

NAD's comin 04/22/17!!!!

The seller shipped it out yesterday. It's coming from Tempe, Arizona to Washington, D. C. via e-Bay!!!

Lightly used, and used in conjunction with the NAD 2140 Power Amplifier (which I did not get), and used in a church sound system for at least a decade (perhaps longer), so I hope to be blessed with some excellent sound coming from that thing.

:hug:

--Charles--

Last edited:
Thanks Buddy..... Back At Cha.... One More Year (YES!!!! ONE!!!!), sweet ole' granny would've made it to the CENTURY MARK.... bless her sweet little heart. Grandmothers are quite a blessing indeed.

NAD's comin 04/22/17!!!!

The seller shipped it out yesterday. It's coming from Tempe, Arizona to Washington, D. C. via e-Bay!!!

Lightly used, and used in conjunction with the NAD 2140 Power Amplifier (which I did not get), and used in a church sound system for at least a decade (perhaps longer), so I hope blessed with some excellent sound coming from that thing.

--Charles--

Yeah, your grandma almost made the century mark! My great grandmother died at 99 too!

You can say then that your 3140 was Heaven sent! Mahalia Jackson will really sound nice through it! I hope and pray that Ebay seller knows how to package and ship stuff properly!

Thanks Buddy..... Back At Cha....

NAD's comin 04/22/17!!!!

Lightly used, and used in conjunction with the NAD 2140 Power Amplifier (which I did not get), and used in a church sound system for at least a decade (perhaps longer), so I hope blessed with some excellent sound coming from that thing.

--Charles--
Yeah, your grandma almost made the century mark! My great grandmother died at 99 too!

You can say then that your 3140 was Heaven sent! Mahalia Jackson will really sound nice through it! I hope and pray that Ebay seller knows how to package and ship stuff properly!

When did your Grandfather passed??

Yeah.... I hope she knows what she's doing when it comes to packing amplifiers and audio equipment as well. I'll find out for sure in a week or so.

--Charles--

NOW UP!!!!

Prince -- Controversy -- Warner Bros (1981)(Vinyl)

Side #1: "Controversy"; "Sexuality"; "Do Me, Baby"
Side #2: "Private Joy"; "Ronnie, Talk To Russia"; "Let's Work"; "Annie Christian"; "Jack U Off"

Volume Turned UP UP UP UP!!!

--Charles--

R-7682833-1446650044-4984.jpeg.jpg

R-7682833-1446650046-6095.jpeg.jpg

R-7682833-1446650843-1020.jpeg.jpg

R-7682833-1446650896-6040.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
When did your Grandfather passed??

Yeah.... I hope she knows what she's doing when it comes to packing amplifiers and audio equipment as well. I'll find out for sure in a week or so.

--Charles--

My great grandmother passed away back in the '70's, she was born in the 1870's!

So sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing, Charles. It's never easy letting a family member go, but treasure the memories my friend.
Sending a prayer of comfort to you, family, & friends.

Cool stuff Charles & Cool Breeze as usual.
The both of you have some impressive cuts & gear.
Enjoy, the both of ya! :)

My dad had the 5th Dimenstion LP. My mother loved "Wedding Day Blues."

Rome

I am going to pray and have a moment of silence for a moment tonight, in honor of my Grandmother.

My Grandmother has transistioned yesterday, and she is now in a better place. As she enters the pearly gates of heaven to join my other grandparents and my parents, just know that she's in a much better place, and is now in the care of the most capable hands that can be provided to care for anyone in eternal life, and that are those who belong to the Lord.

To My Grandmother -- Mamie Lee Smith (05/18/18 to 04/10/17) -- A/K/A -- Purvis Kelly -- Rest-In-Paradise. Your Grandson Loves You SO Much.

--Charles--

My condolences to you and your family, Charles.

So sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing, Charles. It's never easy letting a family member go, but treasure the memories my friend.
Sending a prayer of comfort to you, family, & friends.

Cool stuff Charles & Cool Breeze as usual.
The both of you have some impressive cuts & gear.
Enjoy, the both of ya! :)

My dad had the 5th Dimenstion LP. My mother loved "Wedding Day Blues."

Rome

Thank You Teach...

No, it's not easy letting go someone you love so much. All I have now are the all the good times the whole family had when they were here. Along with grandma, some of those other family members are now gone as well. But what great memories did we have, especially during the summer, when we had the family reunions, and the backyard cookouts.

Those are treasures you never forget.

--Charles--

UP TONIGHT!!!!

The Dells -- There Is -- Cadet (1968)(Vinyl)

Side #1: "There Is"; "Stay In My Corner"; "Wear It On Our Face"; "Please Don't Change Me Now"; "Show Me"; "The Change We Go Thru (For Love)
Side #2: "Higher And Higher"; "Close Your Eyes"; "Run For Cover"; "Love Is So Simple"; "When I Am In Your Arms"; "O-O, I Love You"

Volume Turned UP UP UP

--Charles--

R-2495581-1446743305-2415.jpeg.jpg

R-2495581-1446743305-7187.jpeg.jpg

R-2495581-1446743306-8486.jpeg.jpg

R-2495581-1446743306-1947.jpeg.jpg

NOW UP (AND FINAL FOR TONIGHT)!!!!

The Supremes -- New Ways But Love Stays -- Motown (1970)(Vinyl)

Side #1: "Together We Can Make Such Sweet Music"; "Stoned Love"; "It's Time To Break Down"; "Bridge Over Troubled Water"; "I Wish I Were Your Mirror"
Side #2: "Come Together"; "Is There A Place (In His Heart For Me)"; "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye"; "Shine On Me"; "Thank Him For Today"

Volume Turned UP UP UP

--Charles--

R-1057905-1358894354-7527.jpeg.jpg

R-1057905-1358894368-3918.jpeg.jpg

R-1057905-1358894361-7958.jpeg.jpg

R-1057905-1358894414-6150.jpeg.jpg

R-1057905-1358894392-4242.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
UP TONIGHT!!!!

The Dells -- There Is -- Cadet (1968)(Vinyl)

Side #1: "There Is"; "Stay In My Corner"; "Wear It On Our Face"; "Please Don't Change Me Now"; "Show Me"; "The Change We Go Thru (For Love)
Side #2: "Higher And Higher"; "Close Your Eyes"; "Run For Cover"; "Love Is So Simple"; "When I Am In Your Arms"; "O-O, I Love You"

Volume Turned UP UP UP

--Charles--

R-2495581-1446743305-2415.jpeg.jpg

R-2495581-1446743305-7187.jpeg.jpg

R-2495581-1446743306-8486.jpeg.jpg

R-2495581-1446743306-1947.jpeg.jpg

Hey Charles,

Don't have that album! NICE! :thumbsup: I'm giving my ears the night off.

Let's welcome ole 1Pix to our little Soul cafe'! :)
That O'Jays' LP is my fav' by the group. "Family Reunion" brings to memory so many good times.
Classic Soul listings, indeed!

You betcha' SB, underrated artist!

Rome

Back
Top Bottom