Bad Karma for tubeampking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bberkom

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Has anyone heard from user @tubeampking over the last few weeks? I paid him $275 of my dollars for an item that was never received or shipped to my knowledge, and he has not responded to any of my messages for the past few weeks. At this point I am counting it as a loss and trying to move on. I'm wondering if something happened to tubeampking. I have purchased a couple of things from him in the past, and he was great to deal with, so this is very disappointing.

I paid for a Heathkit preamp on March 1st, and upon going through it, he told me he needed to replace a bad RCA jack on it. I told him no worries and to just keep me updated. I checked back about two weeks later, and he said he had the part and was going to do the work that night. I asked that he hold on shipping it for a few days since I was going to be out of town the next week. He responded and said that was fine. This was on March 14th, and I haven't heard from him since. He hasn't posted for a couple of weeks now, but he was online and active during the time I was sending him messages to ask about the status. He was actively ignoring my messages for a while. All I wanted was a status update, and it hasn't been until recently that I've tried to push him on it. Still nothing.

So if anyone knows tubeampking or has any additional contact info for him, please PM me. I have tried emailing him at his paypal email address, but I still get no response. I'm really disappointed, and unless there is something else going on, at this point he has stolen $275 from me. I am a high school teacher, and that is a meaningful amount of cash to me. I wouldn't buy anything from him again at this point. I'll update if I ever hear from him. At this point I just want my money back.

I hope he is okay. He generally posts just about daily. Two weeks without a post has me concerned for his well being.

I hope he is okay. He generally posts just about daily. Two weeks without a post has me concerned for his well being.
I feel the same, which is why I've hesitated to post something like this. It just sucks, and for a while he'd been posting and just ignoring messages. It's been strange since he's been great to deal with before. Was hoping someone would know what's up with him.

I'm a bit worried myself as he put some r2r tapes up when we were trying to help out our brother ETLS. I pulled the trigger on those and he was going to send me shipping costs and then the tapes. Haven't heard back. Messaged him the other day, no response. If anyone hears, please let us know.
I should add that I'm worried about Bill and not the tapes if that isn't obvious.

I guess I'm glad to hear it's not just me who hasn't been getting responses, but now that makes me more worried about Bill. He went from being extremely responsive and good to deal with to nothing. Hope someone has some info about what's going on.

This was on March 14th, and I haven't heard from him since. He hasn't posted for a couple of weeks now, but he was online and active during the time I was sending him messages to ask about the status. He was actively ignoring my messages for a while.

I'm really disappointed, and unless there is something else going on, at this point he has stolen $275 from me.

Well that was harsh.

On march 14th you asked him to hold off shipping because your out of town the following week.

So we're looking at around three weeks and no response.

Did it cross your mind, that maybe someone can be ill but still take a peak online but not have the capacity to post anything? And really for all you know it might have not even been him, I'v seen family members come online for their loved ones, some not knowing how the site works.

Well that was harsh.

On march 14th you asked him to hold off shipping because your out of town the following week.

So we're looking at around three weeks and no response.

Did it cross your mind, that maybe someone can be ill but still take a peak online but not have the capacity to post anything? And really for all you know it might have not even been him, I'v seen family members come online for their loved ones, some not knowing how the site works.

I know. I'm just frustrated. He was posting on threads up until march 30. So there was a week or so there where I messaged him a couple times and he never responded. Then he'd be back posting the next day. That's why I'm frustrated. Now that he's been completely quiet for two weeks, it seems like something else might be going on.

@tubeampking was online as recently as the morning of Thursday, April 13, 2017. In other words, yesterday. Previous to that, 8:24 a.m., April 8, 2017.

I hope all is well with him.

It's just money. I'll get over it eventually. I hope he's okay and finds the time to let me know what's going on. If anyone hears anything, I'd appreciate a heads up. It's just so unlike him to be flaky, but I hope that's what's happening and not something bad to tubeampking.

Hopefully our fellow AK brother is OK, and I would think you have some level of financial protection if you paid him via PayPal.

Hopefully our fellow AK brother is OK, and I would think you have some level of financial protection if you paid him via PayPal.
I paid using friends and family. So not sure I do. I've had a couple great transactions with him in the past, so didn't think twice about it.

I'm a bit worried myself as he put some r2r tapes up when we were trying to help out our brother ETLS. I pulled the trigger on those and he was going to send me shipping costs and then the tapes. Haven't heard back. Messaged him the other day, no response. If anyone hears, please let us know.
I should add that I'm worried about Bill and not the tapes if that isn't obvious.

Just saw this thread, and hope it's ok I post.

I have a box of R2R tapes, these are not factory recorded, but probably have some stuff on them. PM an address, and I will ship them to you, and hopefully everything else will work itself out.

Just saw this thread, and hope it's ok I post.

I have a box of R2R tapes, these are not factory recorded, but probably have some stuff on them. PM an address, and I will ship them to you, and hopefully everything else will work itself out.

That is very nice of you to offer but as I said, I am concerned about Bill and not the tapes.

I had an editor once who told us to focus on issues, not events. The event here is the item that apparently hasn't been shipped, but the issue is what's up with tubeampking, who has always been very responsive in my dealings with him. I think we should be patient awhile longer and hope there's some funny glitch here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom