Favorite Movie Scenes

stevo137

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
This is one of my favorites.

In The Heat of the Night.

This is the definition of writing, acting, directing, producing, all of it.

This one scene addresses so many aspects of life while spending practically nothing compared to movies that have spent millions and still have not had a scene as good and simple as this.

Last edited:
"In the Heat of the Night" is one of my favorite movies. Excellent chemistry between Poitier and Steiger. Steiger's portrayal of the sheriff is wonderfully nuanced. Truly a deserving Oscar win.

One of my favorite movie scenes. Robert Shaw: one of biggest Oscar snubs.

-Dave

There is a scene in "The Omega Man" where Neville is playing chess with a bust of Emperor Caesar and is drawn away from the game by the "Family". When he returns he asks "Did you move?", like the bust could really move the piece. Neville realizes he is talking to a statue and exasperated say "Balls". The camera pulls back and out his window revealing the barbwire that is used to keep the Family out, is really a prison for Neville

I like that scene

there are others...

There is a scene in "The Omega Man" where Neville is playing chess with a bust of Emperor Caesar and is drawn away from the game by the "Family". When he returns he asks "Did you move?", like the bust could really move the piece. Neville realizes he is talking to a statue and exasperated say "Balls". The camera pulls back and out his window revealing the barbwire that is used to keep the Family out, is really a prison for Neville

I like that scene

there are others...

More great work by Charlton for sure.

Probably my favorite scene is between Jack D Ripper and Mandrake in Dr Srrangelove that ends with, 'I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.'

It looks so clean and clear and perfectly in focus... such great contrast and how Ripper's cigar smoke hangs in the air.

And of course the final scene in Seven is a gut punch.

So many great scenes... I could make a Top 100 favorite scenes list.

This is a bit longer but well worth it to see the best scenes from the movie
"10".

Dudley Moore was timeless in this.

Probably my favorite scene is between Jack D Ripper and Mandrake in Dr Srrangelove that ends with, 'I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.'

It looks so clean and clear and perfectly in focus... such great contrast and how Ripper's cigar smoke hangs in the air.

And of course the final scene in Seven is a gut punch.

So many great scenes... I could make a Top 100 favorite scenes list.

Absolutely one of my favorites, gets me every time.

Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, "You Lose" scene.

This one scene influenced me when I was a kid.

Back
Top Bottom