Mystery Science Theater 3000 "The Return" YES!!!!!!!

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Netflix has brought back one of my favorite parody shows which ran from 1988 to 1997 MST3K. I started watching it and I wondered if they where going to screw up the new series like so many others have been. I am happy to report they have not it retains the same high quality :rflmao:production values as the original. Crow and Tom Servo have been updated just a little. What is such an treat is seeing all of the campy badness on a wide screen 55 inch HDTV The new series is Kickstarter funded. Sit back with some hot buttered pop corn and laugh your butt off.

la-et-st-mystery-science-theatre-3000-returns-20161123

Last edited:
Does Joel make a guest appearance like he did after Mike took over in MST3000 v2?

FREAKING LOVE THIS SHOW... and while Mike, to me, was funnier, Joel's very laid back approach was really fun.

I remember the first time I saw this was at my friend's parents house. We were drinking Michelob's in the tiny 7 oz bottles, and while channelsurfing, he stumbled upon this and said flatly "Oh man, you're going to LOVE this show."

I laughed so hard my chest hurt for three days.

P.S. - Do I spy Patton Oswalt??

I've still got a tape somewhere of an original show where they were taking "guest" commentary from the internet. Watch the show live, type out a response or dialog suggestion on my old dial up modem, and see if it shows up on screen ... I got THREE hits!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Then again, I'd just upgraded to 14.4 here and had a distinct advantage over the average 2400 baud user. <G>

There was another show that was sort of like MSFT3K but what they did was dub English on Japanese monster movies in an hilarious way. The one line I remember was in was one of the Godzilla movies there was a Japanese reporter, smoking of course, He walked up to one of the young ladies on movie he took the cigarette out of his mouth and said, " I am an handsome incredibly well hung reporter, do you want to go out with me". I remember this line because I nearly passed out I was laughing so hard. I wish I could remember what that show was called, could it be on YouTube???

There was another show that was sort of like MSFT3K but what they did was dub English on Japanese monster movies in an hilarious way. I wish I could remember what that show was called, could it be on YouTube???

Can't help you there, but it couldn't be much funnier than the standard sub titles applied to a lot of foreign movies. Those sometimes make as much sense as, oh, say ... a stereo owners manual. <G>

PS ... not quite on topic, but possibly my favorite sub titles ever ...

Either that or any one of a hundred parodies on Hitler's Downfall ...

One of my favorite MST3k episodes was The Creeping Terror ... widely considered to be the second worst movie ever made ... Plan 9 from Outer Space being number 1.
my sides were hurting from LOL after watching this POS back in my younger days. Then MST3k did commentary on this show ... :thumbsup:

Even has home stereo jokes at about 1:09:15 mark on YouTube video.

Last edited:
The English dubbing on older Hong Kong Kung Fu movies is hilarious. There was one with an evil war lord guy who's English language dubbing had a thick Texas accent.

The English dubbing on older Hong Kong Kung Fu movies is hilarious. There was one with an evil war lord guy who's English language dubbing had a thick Texas accent.

Me and my buddy back in my 20's had a drinking game.

We'd watch old crappy Kung Fu movies, and every time someone would call another "bastard", you had to drink. Apparently, they call each other that quite often, and is a powerful insult.

Then if someone stated they were about to "teach YOU a LESSON!" you had to finish your beer. Seems lesson-teaching is pretty common as well.

Then finally, if someone was told that ".......your KUNG FU is USELESS!" you had to slam an entire beer.

My liver has never recovered.

To me the evil White Beards are a howler. Especially the one who could retract his 'nads so you couldn't do the crotch crunch foot slam. Then he could put vise grip on that foot and beat you to death.

Pai-Peis-Majestic-Beard.gif

I watched about a half hour of the new show, I didn't stop because I hate it, I just didn't have time to devote to it at the moment.

Good things; the Bot's haven't changed much, the Riffs were pretty good, Jonah seems likeable enough.

Bad things; Servo flying up to the screen, why? Jonahs beard, glasses and name set off Hipster warning bells, so far he hasn't acted like one but if he starts talking about his "Vinyls" I'm outta here :rflmao:Lastly, Felicia Day, who is supposed to be one of the bad guys, not feeling the badness, Pearl was believable as an evil villain, not getting that here, but maybe she'll grow into the part.

Overall a good effort and I'll definitely give it a chance.

i used to watch the original with my son. I watched the first episode of the new version. It was very funny.

I watched the first episode last night. Near the end of the film, they started gelling. It's worth a chance, so I'm going to watch more this weekend.

The cardboard cut scenes are pretty well done (where you're zooming into the theater). I find myself enjoying that, lol.

Netflix has brought back one of my favorite parody shows which ran from 1988 to 1997 MST3K. I started watching it and I wondered if they where going to screw up the new series like so many others have been. I am happy to report they have not it retains the same high quality :rflmao:production values as the original. Crow and Tom Servo have been updated just a little. What is such an treat is seeing all of the campy badness on a wide screen 55 inch HDTV The new series is Kickstarter funded. Sit back with some hot buttered pop corn and laugh your butt off.

la-et-st-mystery-science-theatre-3000-returns-20161123

Better pull that 25" television out of the closet! Lol!

Check out "The master of the flying Guillotine"! "White Beard" (I think his name "Pai Mai" as it was in the Kill Bill movies Not only does he kick total ass, but he also has a trick up his sleeve! Go to IMDB.COM.He was a great star in genre...

Back
Top Bottom