streaming music

mpribble

Streaming for android phone to chromecast then to peachtree novapre with toslink . Missing anything as far as
SQ this way? Using Spotify premium know nothing about rates bits what have ya. Is there a better way of doing this would I get better sound from say computer to preachtree? Sorry if this is stupid question really new to this and just winging it.

External USB DAC for me .... sounds really good to my ears ... if the album was mastered well.

Does your Peachtree have USB input?

Streaming for android phone to chromecast then to peachtree novapre with toslink . Missing anything as far as
SQ this way? Using Spotify premium know nothing about rates bits what have ya. Is there a better way of doing this would I get better sound from say computer to preachtree? Sorry if this is stupid question really new to this and just winging it.
I like the way you have it setup now. I don't think adding a computer to replace the CCA will sound any better plus, as Condorsat mentioned, you would need usb to go the DAC unless your computer has a toslink output like some Macs do.

Yes this unit has usb port and I think coax also this is a new to me set up trying to get use to it. Haven't played with it long enough to know if it sounds better with internal dac or chromecast dac or with toslink or rca to peachtree. Guess I should set and mess around with this somemore. Thanks guys your great help for a guy like me.

So is my chromecast my weakest link here? What would a guy do if he was to take out the chromecast out of chain what could I replace it with to stream from my phone it that's all I have as a streamer any other idea's?

I don't think your Chromecast is the weak link at all, it is a very versatile little thing. I have two, one was run through a DAC via the toslink connection, the other straight into a little Lepai amp in my garage system. I've been happy with both of them, even though the garage one is the only one currently in use as I took the DAC out of my main system and simplified it a bit.

Haven't played with it long enough to know if it sounds better with internal dac or chromecast dac or with toslink or rca to peachtree. Guess I should set and mess around with this somemore.

So is my chromecast my weakest link here? What would a guy do if he was to take out the chromecast out of chain what could I replace it with to stream from my phone it that's all I have as a streamer any other idea's

Play some more! I think your present chain is exponentially more than capable of squeezing out all the quality your present streaming source can deliver.

At this point, it would be most prudent for you to focus mainly on your stream source to see if you can discern an appreciable difference between Spotify's highest bitrate and say a CD rip and/or Tidal lossless stream.

Play with a free 30 day trial for Tidal. If you feel there's a big difference, then you can consider/weigh subscribing for $20/mo. Even then, your chain (CCA/Nova pre) will still be most worthy.

Well, if you go to Tidal or some other streaming services, Chromcast doesn't go past CD quality. If you want high res, you will need to use a USB DAC. Most PC's have Tos-link but that will only get you max 96/24 resolution. A USB DAC can get you even 96/24 or even higher resolutions.

There's yur answer.

Sounds as good as CD to me and I don't care about all of your technical details, my ear is my ear.
I don't care wither about technical mumbo jumbo as long as it sounds good either, however I think it is good to know and be in formed with what I am listening to.

+48V thanks making up some new speaker cables waiting on some parts to finish. Should be done this weekend and I'm going to do free trial of tidal the higher rate one.

Back
Top Bottom