Thank You AudioKarma Staff and Members

Permit me a bit of pedantry, but typical usage would have accolades refer to the praise which culminated in you receiving the citation that is the plaque.

"Chris received accolades from all the people who voted for him, so he is the recipient of this year's citation as Member of the Year."

Thanks to you, and the anonymous member, for the vocabulary lesson.

Permit me a bit of pedantry, but typical usage would have accolades refer to the praise which culminated in you receiving the citation that is the plaque.

"Chris received accolades from all the people who voted for him, so he is the recipient of this year's citation as Member of the Year."

Thanks to you, and the anonymous member, for the vocabulary lesson.

How about "commemoration"? Or "token of our appreciation"? "Keepsake" is a nice one, but probably more suitable for a souvenir from a trip or a visit.

For a bit more history, between the earliest plaques, mine and EchoWars three, and the latest four, was this series, beginning in 2006, with merrylander.

View attachment 912450
Thats a nice one too, solid walnut board and with the black it pops. The blue on mine matches the McIntosh blue in my system though and the site has always had a blue logo.

well here's a pat on the back
Who how and why?

You seem to not like to quote people but like to drop comments in threads and have people try to figure out what your saying or mean.

Last edited:
Version one was Kamakiri, our illustrious founder.

Versions two and three were your humble servant. <blushing> A sharp eye will notice that I tried to stay true to the original design, while injecting a bit of my own into the finished product.

Thanks.

How about "trophy"? I think that's not so good because it mostly is a figure, a cup, a belt or something like that. Most likely "plaque" is the actually the best one.

Last edited:
No shit. An effing trophy collects a hell of a lot more dust that a plaque. That was the point of my statement.

Last edited:
Chris, to echo the above sentiments, there is very little that is ever wrong with your English. Nothing that a little more confidence wouldn't fix.

"Decorations"? Umm, no, I don't think that conveys the proper significance of the honour. Likewise, 'memento' also seems somewhat trivial.

it commemorates your selection, but I don't think 'commemorative' is really proper, either. Isn't English FUN?

In common or colloquial usage, these items are referred to as 'plaques', analogous to a 'trophy', which are free-standing, and 'in the round', so to speak, whereas a plaque typically is viewed only from the front, either sitting in a stand, like Dan's, or hanging on a wall, like mine is.

If, in your linguistic travels, you discover another, more appropriate word, I would love to learn of it, from you.

In the meantime, we wait for your plaque to arrive.

The suspense is killing me. I hope it lasts.
Just remember, "plaque" , not plague.

How about "trophy"? I think that's not so good because it mostly is a figure, a cup, a belt or something like that. Most likely "plaque" is the actually the best one.

Yes - "plaque" is the right word for the object. I think the best word for the category might be "award".

As in:

A - "I got an award from AudioKarma!"

B - "Congratulations - was it a trophy, a plaque or a certificate?"

A - "It was a plaque!"

My My

You woke up on the wrong side of Sunshine today.

Frannie
I think it's more his post are not clear or convey with a complete sentence as to what's on his mind. Then others need to question the meaning or just guess at it, either way it can bring friction.

I think it's more his post are not clear or convey with a complete sentence as to what's on his mind. Then others need to question the meaning or just guess at it, either way it can bring friction.
Agreed but not everything is a simple text message. I am afraid its become a world of confusing sound bite type of posts.

Anyhow don't want to stray this thread too much but I felt something needed to be said.

Keep positive threads POSITIVE and its all good.

Enough negative posts and threads here as it is.

Frannie

Agreed but not everything is a simple text message. I am afraid its become a world of confusing sound bite type of posts.

Anyhow don't want to stray this thread too much but I felt something needed to be said.

Keep positive threads POSITIVE and its all good.

Enough negative posts and threads here as it is.

Frannie
Yeah we,re in agreement Frannie, I like you here and posting your thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom