Aaron Hernandez found dead

Northwinds

Huh? Turn what down?
Subscriber
Hung himself, I can't say I feel sorry for him but I expected this eventually. I think when he was in Court and acquitted for the double homicide and saw his daughter, the reality of life imprisonment set in and that was the trigger. At least MA citizens don't have to pay for his room and board for the next 40-50 years

I have a friend who is a retired corrections officer from the prison where Hernandez was held - she thought he would relish being the "big man" on the cell block.
Apparently, even as a tough guy he wasn't going to be able to tolerate a life in general population.

I kind of saw this coming (eventually)--yes, you were the "big man" on the street and out in public, but that doesn't mean sh*t on the inside--I know enough CO's to know this to be true.

He played for the New England Patriots

Thank you, Ron. Seems I've heard that name bandied about, but I'm not in the know.

Let's see - very young, gobs of money, celebrity status, God complex, physically very strong, possible PED use, macho.........WHAT COULD GO WRONG?

Sad for all involved.

And to believe the initial murder charge was over a spilled drink in a nightclub! When keeping it REAL goes wrong ~Dave Chappelle~

The "spilled drink" was the motive for the double murder he was just acquitted of last Friday not the initial murder conviction.

-Dave

It's a sh!t show no matter how you look at it, but suicide is nothing but sad.

The guy clearly had problems managing anger and rage - which got him into trouble in the first place - and trouble handling the reality of the consequences of his actions - which led to his demise. I can't help but think that if he had more support, if there were more mental health services available that this might have been avoided. And if those services were/are more widely available how many more people (who aren't famous athletes) would be kept out of prison?

One gets the feeling that Hernandez was given a pass (no pun intended) on erratic behavior because he was a talented athlete, and so long as he was doing well on the field and well enough off the field people looked the other way; which in the end was not good for him or his victims.

He played for the New England Patriots

Football player for the New England Patriots, thug, killed a few people on a couple of occasions, left a trail of evidence that I probably could have followed, thought that by destroying the video cameras on his home security system nobody would catch him, failed to take into account that his home security system was recording everything..

What a waste. The guy had just gotten a $12.5 million bonus and a contract extension. Now he's dead at 27.

bs

I have a friend who is a retired corrections officer from the prison where Hernandez was held - she thought he would relish being the "big man" on the cell block.
Apparently, even as a tough guy he wasn't going to be able to tolerate a life in general population.
I thought he would be despised by other convicts for squandering his opportunities for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom