Aaron Hernandez found dead

left a trail of evidence that I probably could have followed, thought that by destroying the video cameras on his home security system nobody would catch him, failed to take into account that his home security system was recording everything..

Unfortunately for AH, football skills and brains were not given in equal measure...:rolleyes:

Whatever the case, his estate should be divided among the surviving families of his victims.

Last edited:
The guy clearly had problems managing anger and rage - which got him into trouble in the first place - and trouble handling the reality of the consequences of his actions - which led to his demise. I can't help but think that if he had more support, if there were more mental health services available that this might have been avoided. And if those services were/are more widely available how many more people (who aren't famous athletes) would be kept out of prison?

Maybe. And maybe the guy was just a jag-off.

Problem is today's society puts celebrities and athletes up on a pedestal and pay them to be there. Some soon think they can talk or buy their way out of bad situations, and unfortunately they're right. Things that would land you or I in the pokey bring them nothing more than a slap on the wrist. Pretty soon, they think they're above reproach. Thank goodness some of them get what they deserve.

NPR lawyer mentioned that by killing himself, while on appeals, he saved assets for his daughter...

I have no sympathy for AH, but his story is compelling. Obviously somebody that needed lots of help early on and never got it.

I too have no sympathy for AH--only for his victims and their families, BUT at his level of celebrity and income, help was always available--he and his money-grubbing friends and family chose to ignore the issues and just stay on the "gravy train". This is America--if you have enough money or fame, you can get away with just about anything--everyone gets as much "justice" that you can afford. Elvis, Michael Jackson and Prince (amongst many others) were drug addicts that died at their own hands--and we even gave Elvis his own postage stamp--go figure :crazy:

I too have no sympathy for AH--only for his victims and their families, BUT at his level of celebrity and income, help was always available--he and his money-grubbing friends and family chose to ignore the issues and just stay on the "gravy train". This is America--if you have enough money or fame, you can get away with just about anything--everyone gets as much "justice" that you can afford. Elvis, Michael Jackson and Prince (amongst many others) were drug addicts that died at their own hands--and we even gave Elvis his own postage stamp--go figure :crazy:

I'm not going to debate the point, but only pointing out that this is a guy that obviously needed the help after his father died. As the article describes, he was a happy kid who basically overnight turned because of the trauma. Nobody knows to what extent this event contributed to his killing as an adult, but it probably didn't help. That said, the look the other way attitude that existed as his athletic skills developed didn't help either. High school, college and pro all could've insisted that he get help, but they all chose to look the other way.

That said, the look the other way attitude that existed as his athletic skills developed didn't help either. High school, college and pro all could've insisted that he get help, but they all chose to look the other way.

"It could be all made into a monster if we all pull together as a team"--"bye the way--which one's Pink???"...

Maybe he might have saved himself if he'd made an effort to be a role model for teens. Instead he became a parable for mindless thug life.

We are all results of our environments....

You send an eighteen year old boy to Vietnam or Iraq and he does not suffer any physical injuries. How he reacts to living afterwards depends on what kind of life he lived prior to incredible stressors. To think that we all have the same life experiences plus public school making all of us more or less the same is incorrect. We all have grown up in school with crazy pupils in public school and saw no interaction between school psychologists and children with behavioral problems because society doesn't see the need for the increased cost of mental health screening during the adolescent years. So, if unbalanced people grow up to kill someone the costs to house a lunatic will be more than the prevention to counsel and control them through other means. Just like considering the money spent on the war on drugs or spending the money on treatment facilities and halfway houses. Why one prevents the most damage to citizens ???

Back
Top Bottom