Favorite Movie Scenes

The one scene that stands out in my mind, and always has...it takes place just at the end of the two part movie: "Lawrence of Arabia" where Peter O'Toole stands on the top of a box car with a huge crowd surrounding him shouting his name after going through hell in his attempts to help free the Arabs from the Ottoman Turks.

One great movie, but where the first half is so much better than the second. IMO

Q

Last edited:

One of many great scenes from possibly my favorite film.

Last edited:
The scene in the Gregory Peck "Moby Dick" when Starbuck is attempting to kill Ahab with a pistol and just can't do it. What follows is one of the best all time monologues in movie history and one of Gregory Peck's greatest pieces of work.

Last edited:
Another with JN in it when he blurts out, "You want answers? You couldn't handle the truth!!...". One of his better movies, with Jack just being...Jack.

The last post of Stevo's reminded me of this other army scene. Strange how some words just stick with ya.

Q

Last edited:
The Sting, poker scene on the train with Gondorff and Lonnegan.

Tootsie, the bar scene where Michael meets Les to return the ring. The expression on Durning's face is classic as he realizes who is sitting next to him (Michael, aka Dorothy).

Probably my favorite scene is between Jack D Ripper and Mandrake in Dr Srrangelove that ends with, 'I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.'

It looks so clean and clear and perfectly in focus... such great contrast and how Ripper's cigar smoke hangs in the air.

And of course the final scene in Seven is a gut punch.

So many great scenes... I could make a Top 100 favorite scenes list.

Shooting the movie in B & W was pure genius.

-Dave

The one scene that stands out in my mind, and always has...it takes place just at the end of the two part movie: "Lawrence of Arabia" where Peter O'Toole stands on the top of a box car with a huge crowd surrounding him shouting his name after going through hell in his attempts to help free the Arabs from the Ottoman Turks.

One great movie, but where the first half is so much better than the second. IMO

Q

-Dave

I'm feeling kind of woosey after watching that; the gun fight that just wouldn't quit. Kind of reminds me of the most epic vomit scene ever.

NSFW, F-word warning, and it's pretty gross.

Back
Top Bottom