AXPONA Chicago April 21-23, 2017 - Who's going?

Hope they keep it in Chicago!

They need to find a better hotel that's more open and easier for people to navigate.

I know it's not an easy task!

We're trying for Friday this year, you could hardly get in some of the rooms on Saturday last year.

Last edited:
I got through everything I wanted to see in two days, but I only took in a couple of the seminars. Later in the afternoon, some of the rooms were getting empty, and that was a nice time to sit and listen at length to a couple of systems. No real problem getting into most rooms, but some of the more popular rooms like ELAC were often full, and I had to wait 15 minutes to sit in on the Martin Logan demo.

I'll be happy to buy a fellow member a coffee if we happen to meet.

Son and Daughter went last year, Son for sure this year.

I'll be happy to buy a fellow member a coffee if we happen to meet.
Maybe I will have to wear something loud and obnoxious, so I am easy to spot. :D Although last year, I wandered into a room at the show (maybe Music Direct?), and another visitor in the room (one in a group of three) commented on my U of M apparel since we were both from Michigan. ;)

I am not certain which evening I will have free, yet, although I am thinking Friday. I will, however, be solo at the show on Saturday since my Chicago pals will be indulging in Record Store Day.

Yes, it will probably move to the Schaumburg Conference Center. It is basically 20 minutes away from the cuurent site. AXPONA is drawing exhibitors away from RMAF. This is due to the cost of the latter and how the equipment is treated there (moving it into the rooms).

it's already on the AXPONA website; 2018 is in Schaumburg, at the Renaissance Hotel & Convention Center.

Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel & Convention Center
April 13 - 15, 2018

http://www.axpona.com/landing9.asp

upload_2017-4-3_10-32-24.png

It is nice that there are more affordable hotels around the area, unless the Renaissance has special show rates that puts it on par with the others.

Hey all,

I was thinking a post-show get-together on Saturday (or maybe Friday if I can switch other plans around). Dinner and/or cocktails at or near the Westin? Friday evening my Chicago pal, two of his co-workers (whom I've met) and some other out-of-town friends of ours are rolling in, and after AXPONA we're all heading to dinner. They're doing the Record Store Day thing on Saturday, so I'd be free Saturday at any point during the day.

I think I'll have to wear my "loud" attire this year so I stand out. ;)

One seminar I might attend is the Legends of Audio on Saturday afternoon--David Wilson and his wife are on the panel, as is Richard Vandersteen. I've seen Fremer's setup seminar, but it's entertaining enough that I may do it again. Bob Hodas I believe will be doing a presentation as well.

PM me here if you want to swap phone numbers...

One day left before I am on the road, going with a friend. Man, this will be a nice vacation for me.
I'm departing here between 9-10am tomorrow morning (Thursday), which puts me in Chicago around 2pm local time. Wish it were more than a few days, but I have a couple of longer trips planned this summer.

One day left before I am on the road, going with a friend. Man, this will be a nice vacation for me.

Looks like I'm going with my son on Friday.
You can't miss us, I don't have any hair and he has a full head of hair but kinda' looks like me. ;-)"

That kid (25) knows more about this world than I do for sure because he really follows and researches a lot.

An example of how our younger people get this thing and enjoy it very much.

He was sending me texts about his forum conversation today with Andrew Jones and how he is looking forward to seeing him again at the show.

Last edited:
I should be there Friday w/ daughter, if work cooperates (for both of us)

Feel free to say hello if you see us. I'm a fat guy with an "imperial" beard; (handlebar 'stache, chin puff). Unfortunately as I gray, it looks more like a "Colonel Sanders". My daughter has lots of facial and ear piercings. Between the two of us, we should kinda stand out.

Is it the venue that makes RMAF so expensive? Or are the organizers kicking the fees up for exhibitors? They are going to price themselves into extinction if they keep it up. I can't see Denver being a more expensive place than Chicago (at least, not since I last visited Denver).

Packed and ready, semi-red eye in the morning, should be there for breakfast!

I am settled in at the Candlewood Suites just a couple of miles away. It's not the cheapest, but it's also half the "special show rate" the Westin offers. I'm getting in line early at registration so I can take in most of what I want to see on Friday.

My cell phone is 248-425-4366 - call or text if'n anybody else wants to meet up.

Don't miss out on hearing the Revel's and Mark Levinson.

This is it for me, the best of the show IMO.

IMG_2992.JPG

Maggie's sound very good too.

They are running them with a Parasound integrated and the guy said that solid state is best with these.

I'm not saying that's a fact but he seemed very experienced and knowledgeable.

IMG_2998.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom